Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 256 17-10-2008 , 12:47 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by BennyK
Me? Not at all. I'm not even arguing who's a better Maya user. Just the overall qualities of a person - nice/helpful/funny/original/spammer etc.

is it wrong to consider myself all of those? (ok maybe not funny but meh...) (actually i have no idea how my post count jumped suddenly in the past 4 months...)

Originally posted by BennyK
These are things you can't know by either post count or join date. (Though from both of them together you can usually tell how helpful a person is or how much of a spammer he is)

Peoples post's are like poems (literature) - it gives you an idea of the writer's character, no matter how hard one tries to hide it. It also takes stereotypes out of the equation.

i dunno what stereo types you're avoiding but you can gauge a person by their words alone. although not something to strictly stick by on forums...considering you cant hear tone or see body language.
i dunno... maybe you mean something like "OMG ThAT JOKER HAS A GIANT MOLE WE TOTALLY CANTT TRUST A WORD HE SAYS", judgements people make when they see something weird about who they see...

anyway, on an ontopic note i should post my desktop sometime because i haven't done it yet...
i'll do it while im working on stuff so you see how i never close anything until i turn off the computer or need the ram.
right now i have 22 tabs open because i cant be bothered closing them... they are all SM threads, i just follow the links when i get the email

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 257 17-10-2008 , 12:52 PM
1024 res, been a while since I used a PC at that res. Is it the monitor thats the limitation? You might be aboe to get a cheap CRT off e-bay or something

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 258 19-10-2008 , 03:21 AM
Subscriber
was lazy enough to print screen mine, its me drifting in GRID

what you guys think lol

(resized from 1680x1050)
user added image

# 259 19-10-2008 , 05:13 AM
Subscriber
i'll give you $333 if you get someone to take a real picture of you doing that in a similar car in a similar setting with no fancy software fixes/hacks

real time reflections... that's pretty cool

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 260 19-10-2008 , 02:32 PM
Level 32 pachyderm
Yeah, its the monitor (but its a laptop and i dont want to have a massive laptop)

# 261 27-10-2008 , 07:22 AM
Subscriber
# 262 29-10-2008 , 05:45 PM
Acid44
evil, i need dual monitors user added image

changed again XD

user added image

# 263 29-10-2008 , 06:03 PM
Subscriber
yes dual setup is so much better. I dont like having a cramped up maya scene with all the tools in front of me.

Also easy to have two programs open in each screen.

Or watch movies while you work. Or whatever really.

# 264 29-10-2008 , 11:15 PM
Acid44
ugh, you're such a tease :p

# 265 29-10-2008 , 11:52 PM
lol one screen is fine, just use pure hotboxes user added image
compositing 2 screen ftw though.

FX supervisor - double negative
# 266 30-10-2008 , 05:00 AM
Subscriber
hotboxes dont show you the hypershade or hypergraph though do they? :p

i'd like 3 monitors and nothing less :p

# 267 30-10-2008 , 07:34 AM
lol when you have all menus and toolbars hidden its plenty o space user added image

FX supervisor - double negative
# 268 31-10-2008 , 07:08 PM
Subscriber
@ Chirone - haha give me 3 months, and ill be able to take a picture hopefully :p

anyways, recently changed mine ... isnt she MINT? :bandit:

user added image

Last edited by marlonjohn; 31-10-2008 at 07:13 PM.
# 269 01-11-2008 , 11:59 PM
Acid44
damn, i'd tap that any day :p

i changed my logon screen, i'm goin for a whole black and green windows theme here, i just need to make some icons and a new BG then a new (.msstyles) visual style, then i'll be done with my visuals, then i can relax :p

user added image

# 270 03-11-2008 , 02:45 AM
Acid44
muahahahaha

new desktop to go with the new logon screen, and i cleaned it up a bit :p

everything important (My Computer, My Documents, ect.) is in a dropdown menu at the top now, and all the icons are organised into the few folders you see there

user added image