Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 06-04-2004 , 02:06 PM
Subscriber

Offset Curve Problem

I'm having some strange problems with the Offset Curve tool. It's not exactly behaving the way I want it to.

And as the relative beginner I am, I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this properly, so I turn to you guys. Instead of trying to describe this in text, I've recorded it as a small movie (500kb) in QuickTime.

- See the problem in action here (QuickTime required)

Any hints as to what might be the problem would be grateful. I have tried different combinations of settings in the options, but to no avail.

# 2 07-04-2004 , 04:07 AM
Try changing the offset distance to a negative value. And also try smaller values to see what results you get and that could give you a clue of what the problem is (try 0.2, -0.2, and -1)

There can not be Good without Evil, so then it must be good to be Evil sometimes.

:tup: