Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 22-04-2004 , 04:01 PM
Subscriber

DVD based WIP

After looking throught the Organic modelling DVD, awesome stuff btw, I was finally inspired to start modelling again.

The arms and legs need more definition but I will add that in poly/sub-d. Feet and hands to follow.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 22-04-2004 , 04:23 PM
Good start bud..... post up a front view and side view so i can get a better look at the proportion..

Keep going...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 3 22-04-2004 , 11:21 PM
Subscriber
Have converted nurbs=>poly=>sub-d. Not all combine yet.

Attached Thumbnails
# 4 25-04-2004 , 03:05 PM
Subscriber
Heres a little update of the ribs and abbs area, not happy with the abbs at the moment but will keep tweaking.

Attached Thumbnails
# 5 25-04-2004 , 03:34 PM
Nice work! I like the way you made the rib cage stick out on the side...Looks good....Keep it up!

-------------------------------------------
# 6 25-04-2004 , 03:37 PM
Nice owork buddy i'll post up a few pics using PS when i get back home for you too see soem of the things to tweak just a bit...

Good stuff...

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

# 7 25-04-2004 , 04:01 PM
Subscriber
Thanks MainlineX, cheers Kurt that would be a great help. Off to the gym for a couple of hours then back to the tweaking.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk
# 8 25-04-2004 , 07:16 PM
Subscriber
Looks nice! keep it up (sorry,i'm too tired atm for any bette commnent)

# 9 26-04-2004 , 03:15 AM
Just a fast little image plane fix..... you can do most of the shaping just pulling verts around.

Attached Thumbnails

# 10 26-04-2004 , 05:21 PM
Subscriber
Thanks for the pointers Kurt, strange as it may appear the model almost exatly matchs my ref images? The Lada bodybuilder series from www.3d.sk.

My main areas of concern are the insides of his pecs and I think his abbs. They are still a bit too blocky, and i'm having a hard time getting how I want them.

www.snipersupplies.co.uk

Last edited by lonepig; 26-04-2004 at 05:26 PM.