Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 28-04-2004 , 07:22 PM

I have never used Maya before

Sorry for shouting, but I wanted to get everyone's attention. I have never used Maya before, and am looking to get up to speed. I know that for Adobe products that Total Training is the best way to go. Is there such a thing for Maya? I guess I'm looking for any advice on where I should begin. Thanks for all your help everyone.

Kevin

# 2 28-04-2004 , 07:43 PM
The basic tutorials that come with Maya are a good start. The video tutorials on this site (both free and VIP) are really good as well. And of course, there are our DVDs which you can purchase.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 28-04-2004 , 09:05 PM
Subscriber
welcome!!

I would recommand you the free handtutorial first, in the freemovie section... With this tut I learned the basic interface of maya, learned to basicmodeling and the best of all... I learned that watching the video's was the only way I could learn maya in a quick time and would be money worthy too!!
go check it out! let us know how your doing! greetzz

# 4 30-04-2004 , 12:43 PM
Subscriber
oh yeah and Avidboy, kiss your life goodbye. Mayas like having a very demanding girlfreind/boyfreind who you just cant bring yourself to get rid of.

<html><font size=2>
<font color="blue">
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning,
E.T. revealed to me his singular purpose.

--TOOL, 10,000 Days---

</font></pre>
</html>
# 5 30-04-2004 , 09:45 PM
haha Iron_tick that is so true!
Well I wont repeat what others have said so much as to say they have the best plan :wink:, let us know how your doing. And remember there are no stupid questions just sarcastic answers!

Remember that a Shader DOES NOT mean to put your model out of a light source!
# 6 01-05-2004 , 06:20 PM
Yea start with the tuts that come with Maya then wrok with the tuts on this site.