Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 16 27-09-2002 , 04:12 PM
Kevin
dam cant believe i havnt seen this post!!! lovely work mikey!! I really like the poly to smooth aproach ..it just goes to show these guys who think that this stuff is for nurbs that it can also look awesome in polys!! this is the way I model also

I guess it is kinda what you are used to hey? user added image

nice work mike

# 17 27-09-2002 , 04:16 PM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks guys!

BillyZ - Either could work, it just depends on your preference. I normally create them seperate and than attach.

Ripper - Yeah, I'm still wondering about the eyebrows... I've seen them done through textures, using seperate objects (like I've got so far), and through fur effects.... we'll see how it goes. I'll probably experiment with all three before I'm done. I've decided to disregard the texture (and the ears) for now and get back to modeling the face again. Welcome to Simply Maya, by the way. user added image

Kevin - Thanks! Yeah, I like the Poly to Smooth method, but just because it's easier to undo than the Poly to Sub-D and it doesn't tax my computer quite as much.

# 18 27-09-2002 , 04:17 PM
The Maya Mountain
Here's the model again (sans ears :p) with some adjustments.

Edit:: Deleted pic.

# 19 27-09-2002 , 05:09 PM
Kick ass man!

Looks great!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 20 27-09-2002 , 08:35 PM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks, Izzy. user added image

It's funny. I decided to post at CGTalk, as well, since the guys over there are kinda known for being overly critical and even though over 130 views, not one has uttered a comment... don't know if that's good or bad... lol

# 21 27-09-2002 , 08:48 PM
yeah ive seen it there too. i think they must be weird or something. maybe you have to be part of club.

# 22 28-09-2002 , 12:32 AM
That's why I came here to SM.

More friendly, and if you need Maya specific help asap, there's always someone awake in the world to help outuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 23 28-09-2002 , 12:59 AM
Supreme Being
maybe you have to pay them..? lol :p

# 24 28-09-2002 , 03:01 PM
Great looking bud. Only one spot seems to be bugging me, her brow line. It seems to be sitting a bit too far back on her face. From the front it looks good, but in a 3 quarter view or side view, something's just not in proportion. Try just bring out the brow a little bit.

Looks great keep it up.

I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination, knowledge is limited, imagination encircles the world. (Albert Einstein)

https://www.artstation.com/kurtb
# 25 28-09-2002 , 04:53 PM

sexy hot mamma

Wow stunning!!

can't wait to see the hair!!

Will you paintFx-it? or will you plugin-it?

nice modeling Pal

-QVID PRO QVO-
# 26 28-09-2002 , 05:37 PM
Kevin
mike..i hope we are going full body on this one as I feel a little horny right now user added image

just kidding mate..looking good.. the nose area maybe needs to be a little more slender.. but it rocks dude

# 27 28-09-2002 , 06:03 PM
The Maya Mountain
Thanks for the comments. I'll see about the nose and brow. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do for hair, yet... I'm thinking of just using nurbs surfaces with transparancy maped hair...

Also, any suggestions for eyebrows?

Here's some more pics with the new ear attached. I decided to just make a new one instead of canibalizing the one from my Republican Candidate model... boy, that model sucks now, don't it? lol

EDIT:: Deleted pic

# 28 28-09-2002 , 06:04 PM

Originally posted by Kevin
mike..i hope we are going full body on this one as I feel a little horny right now user added image

L O L!!!! Thats great.... hehe...

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 29 28-09-2002 , 06:08 PM
The Maya Mountain
new wire

Edit:: Deleted pic

# 30 28-09-2002 , 06:14 PM
The Maya Mountain
I am actually going to attempt to go for a body for her... I've gotta get somethign on my portfolio that can really WOW people... I think a full body, high-res babe will do that quite nicely. :wow: