Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 28-12-2004 , 03:27 PM
Subscriber

Maya F1 help not working

A quick question, each time I press F1 or go to Help -> Maya Help..., maya simply loads up my internet browser and tries to load this url - https://localhost:4446/Maya6.0/en_US/index.html. At which point everything comes to a halt since I'm certainly not running a web server on that port, and I'm greeted by a lovely "could not connect to remote server" error box

Does anyone know where Maya keeps its help files after a normal install, are they in a format I can do anything with - pdf/html or something?

Cheers

# 2 28-12-2004 , 03:33 PM
Subscriber
hi, they help files should be around the same address as this. Most of it compressed files, so its a bit of a pain, but its all there.

C:\Program Files\AliasWavefront\Maya5.0\docs\Documents\Maya5. 0\en_US

There's nothing normal about normals. In FACT i think the are abnormal.
# 3 28-12-2004 , 06:13 PM
Also, you can try launching the help server through youtr start menu>Programs>Alias>Maya6>View Maya Docs

# 4 28-12-2004 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber
Managed to get it working in the end.

Seems like I had disabled the Alias Documentation service (inside services.msc)

Loaded it up and everything worked first time.

Cheers for the pointers guys

# 5 29-12-2004 , 04:42 AM
Maybe It's the HTTP Proxy caused that problemy the F1 couldn't work.Because the Maya help is a local server.

several weeks ago this problem puzzled me too.Then I found that the HTTP Proxy makes troble.

Without Maya,I can do nothing!!