Maya Modelling and Texturing Course is it worth it?
There is a Short Course here in Melbourne (Australia) on Maya and its a 2 Day course in 3D Modeling and Texturing. Is it worth doing one of these short courses?
· The ‘still life’ in the painting tradition
· Understanding key concepts; Cartesian
geometry, points and polygons, primitives
· Navigating the interface
· Breaking down objects
· Transforming and modifying geometry
· Polygons and subdivided surfaces
· Shaders and materials
· Textures and mapping
· An introduction to lighting
· Cameras and rendering
I'm wondering how much they could possibly cover in 2 x 6 hours. I'm guessing $450 Australian would buy me a fair few points on this site and I'm going to get more hours of training. Is the above a fair statement?