Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 24-05-2005 , 12:39 AM

Second Scene (Towering Eventuality)

Where am I getting these strange names, eh? Yeah, well me and a friend are selling these (after my friend uses his full version of maya to remove watermark) that people want and they buy them for like $10 per render. So, thats where I get the names. Well, heres a WIP of it, my first one of tonight. The whole scenes gonna be like an old outhouse or shack and this lamp in front and in the background theres gonna be like these huge towering lights and buildings and skyscrapers. I got an inspiration off of something I saw a while ago and the concept in my head looks pretty good. c&c please

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 24-05-2005 , 01:37 AM
Subscriber
Hmmm, does sound like an interesting concept. Sorry I cant critique more, its really late here, but I would suggest upping the resolution on the light base. The top of the base is so blurry, I cant wait to see it finished.

# 3 24-05-2005 , 11:54 AM
11? Really late?? Im only an hour b4 u... yeah, 11's late for me too, but i get up early. Plus i dont have any more school. Anyways, about the resoultion, im just gonna download a higher res rusty paint texture because I cant make my oun, since I dont have any fotoshop or anything. So, ill do that and fix it, thanks for that. user added image

,Matt

# 4 24-05-2005 , 12:56 PM
you're planning on charging for your renders? They will have to be pretty damn good to make people part with their cash user added image I find the name a little cliche... sorry user added image

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 5 24-05-2005 , 01:24 PM
WEll, the thing is, my friend is VERY good with maya, so i mean, he fixes up the scenes once I do the bulk of it. Yeah, they do come out very good, but we dont make them and sell them. We ask people what they want and we make it and they pay us for it depending on how well we do it. Anyways, thatnks for the C&C, and, yeah, the name is a cliche, but thats the name that the person asked us to use for the scene. Actually, he just gave us the name and asked us to make what we thought would best reflect the name. Heres an update, by the way

---edit---
for instance, when I made the peaceful violence scene which is the first one I ever made and the first one I ever made, my friend re rendered it with MR and it came out fotorealistic (after upping the resolution to 2600x2000). We sold it as a 4x6 picture and made $4 for it. These things are all to raise money for our nearly bankrupt band (cuz my dum@ss friend used all of the band funds to buy a guitar without us approving it). Anyways... that is what we are doing. Oh, Mental Ray, can I get it for PLE? Is it possible? And if so, is there a ple for that that I dont have to buy? What about GI_Joe?

Cheers,
,Matt

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by MattTheMan; 24-05-2005 at 01:30 PM.
# 6 24-05-2005 , 02:30 PM
can we see the first one you did? I'm just curious, you don't need to post the 2600x2600 one though user added image

user added image
Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 7 24-05-2005 , 02:33 PM

Attached Thumbnails
# 8 24-05-2005 , 03:32 PM

hey

nicely done matt. hope to see the complete model or scene ur doin there bro. more power and gud luck!

# 9 24-05-2005 , 03:40 PM
Ok, yeah! Thanks for the encouraging words, man, appreciate it! Ill do my best! :nod:

Cheers,
,Matt user added image

# 10 24-05-2005 , 04:41 PM
Heres an update... theres a wierd thing going on in the top right of the screen... take a look
I took the concept of dont model what you cant texture to the max, and it doesn't look so good. If enough ppl tell me to, ill redo it,

Cheers,
Matt user added image

Attached Thumbnails
# 11 24-05-2005 , 04:53 PM
the update looks nice. but if you can find high res pic for it then it would be a lot better, but hence, good job. yea, the don't model the texture part, hehehe. more power!user added image

# 12 24-05-2005 , 06:36 PM
yeah, thats RIGHT!
have a beer user added image

Thanks, but thats as hi res as personal learning edition goes. Sorry.

Cheers,
,Matt user added image

# 13 24-05-2005 , 07:21 PM
Subscriber
Looks too dark to me bud

# 14 24-05-2005 , 08:32 PM
Subscriber
Im sure he will fix that. But I have a question. You said you wanted to convert it to the official maya from PLE. Is there some sort of plugin or script that does that? PLE and Maya save in different formats. Just a forethought. Good job by the way, the scene sounds very interesting. Oh, and about the late thing, I had SOLs today, biggest test of my eigth grade year. Ughhh, so tired, but I still think I did ok.

# 15 25-05-2005 , 12:37 AM
Simply Maya OG
Have fun trying to convert PLE to the commercial version of Maya. Therse no plug-in, the two save in totally different formats. PLE is designed so you CANT convert to the full version of maya.

ALSO: Please limit your renders to 640*480. Ill warn you this time, but from now on, Ill delete them. Theres a sticky on this. Please read it. user added image

The scene looks good so far. user added image

- Hybrid