Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 05-08-2005 , 01:04 AM
Subscriber

how to create backgrounds?

Does anyone any good tutorials on how to create backgrounds in maya? such as let's say a landscapes full of destroyed buildings?

i usually start with a nurbs and or a polygon's plane of about 100 divisions and start using the sculpt surfaces brush and make a few polygon cubes here and there for buildings and paint effects for some stuff like grass clouds and such, But I don't feel i am doing an efficient use of these tools...Does anyone know any person who does environments and landscapes?

I would like to know how some of these guys work on creating their backrounds. I was thinking of creating a bunch of 100x100 polygon planes and then probably combining them together to createsome massive sort of abandoned city site. But that is if my computer can handle it. heh heh ^_~:headbang:

"It is Difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet"
-Miyamoto Musashi-

Last edited by ryuhayabusa13; 05-08-2005 at 09:28 PM.
# 2 05-08-2005 , 06:07 PM
Location: Where do u think I am right now? Alright, I'll tell y' all... I'm at Gnomon Workshop and Highend3d sites...Hehehehe...just kiddin':)!!!!Oh, I'm not a ego member anymore? Cool!!!! I'm a Senior Member now!!!!

Anyone here plays Tibia?

Add me to your MSN list

Tibia is the best MMORPG that i've ever seen...xD
# 3 05-08-2005 , 09:24 PM
Subscriber
Excellent. thanks a lot man . this will definitelly help me with my thesis. Thanks for replying.

"It is Difficult to understand the universe if you only study one planet"
-Miyamoto Musashi-

Last edited by ryuhayabusa13; 07-08-2005 at 04:56 PM.