Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 136 21-01-2006 , 04:12 PM
Subscriber
I know, that seams such a long time ago but at least im close to the finish now. Or at least I will be once I get this HDRI thing to work.

I have honestly had a good old look at the Hypershade and I can't seam to find what im meant to be looking for.

"You can live for yourself today -- or help build tomorrow for everyone" _LIVID

Optical Minefield
My Blog

Last edited by Tim_LIVID; 21-01-2006 at 04:14 PM.
# 137 21-01-2006 , 04:20 PM
Subscriber
Forget that, I have just shut down Maya and then re-opened and got loads of new options after installing ... something. So I will continue and see what happens

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 138 25-01-2006 , 01:32 PM
Subscriber
A slight spanner in the works as far my work in the progress goes as my motherboard has just packed up. I have contacted the good 'ol people at Asus Holland and they are going to send me a replacement. Not too sure when that will be but the short end is that untill I get that all sorted I will have to make to do with this laptop, not really the sort of thing to do Maya on.

To think all I had to do was get a decient lighting set-up going and I would have been finished.

Never mind

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 139 26-01-2006 , 02:19 PM
dam man, I started to read that and thought the worst!!

Hope you get it sorted soon!

# 140 26-01-2006 , 03:04 PM
Subscriber
Well in all honesty it is a right pain, I called them today and he said (in a lovely accent I must say) that my replacement should be here tomorrow morning so I should be up and running by tomorrow evening.

However .....

I have to send my old motherboard back with 14 days otherwise they will charge me (I had to put my details down on the replacement form). So while I was taking it out I had to unscrew from the case and then try to get the brackets of the front. While I was doing this I slipped and shot my pliers right across the board. Ok so the scratch was small and only three tiny bits came off but it does mean that it is now proper buggered.

So what do I do?

Do I get my new one and send the other one back without telling them and hope they don't notice or look that close at it?

Or

Do I be honest and tell them and risk the fact that they might charge me for it?

user added image

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 141 26-01-2006 , 03:09 PM
Subscriber
dont tell them. user added image
i dont think theyll pay any attention to it user added image

# 142 26-01-2006 , 04:15 PM
Subscriber
Yer I was thinking that, I mean how many must they get back? They can't have time to look at them all.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 143 26-01-2006 , 04:28 PM
I dunno its up 2 u but i would think if its a expensive board theywill have a look at it for scratches etc, but if they say anything id just tell em the truth i mean it happened after it had broken, hopefully they will take your word for it.
They shouldnt be too bothered they prolly real em off like newspapers. Good luck, nice work btw

# 144 26-01-2006 , 05:06 PM
Subscriber
That's what i'm counting on but you never can tell. Oh well, I will decide what to do tomorrow.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 145 27-01-2006 , 02:28 PM
tim u know that HDRI tut posted a link here i just tried to get on it n it sez page cannot be displayed, and even https://www.highend3d.com dont work, did it work for you i really wont that tut.

# 146 27-01-2006 , 03:26 PM
Subscriber
No the link isn't working for me either. Maybe their server is down or something like that.

I would try again later and see if it's working then.

I tried the tutorial and it was pretty good, it gave a nice introduction to the world of HDRI and showed you how even a simple model can look pretty smart.

Optical Minefield
My Blog
# 147 02-02-2006 , 04:12 PM
Subscriber
Cheers for your interest guys, but I think it's time I diverted you to my HMS Victory Finished Work thread.

Thank you all again.

Optical Minefield
My Blog