Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-09-2005 , 01:05 PM

Hand model

Hi! I am a very newbie for Maya, please help me. I'm now trying to write a program (in VisualC++) to track the human hand. In order to do so, I need to create a 3D hand model that I can control each finger's joint. To clearify this, please take a look here https://www-sop.inria.fr/robotvis/per...mos_hand.html. I would like to create a 3D hand model like this and if I have created such a model by Maya, Can I simply export it as a obj file and render the model by OpenGL in visual C? I'm truly sorry, but I dont know much about modelling or programing using OpenGL. Please help. Thank you so much.

# 2 05-09-2005 , 03:02 PM
Subscriber
Well, this isn't really a programming site, although someone might be able to answer your question. As far as modeling the hand in Maya, there is a tutorial (3 videos) here for that in the video training section. The first two are free, and the third will cost you a point. Hope that helps.

https://www.simplymaya.com/movie_page...html?tut_id=25

--Drought

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. --Thomas A. Edison
# 3 07-09-2005 , 04:09 PM
if you already know what to do ones the obj file is imported to visual c++ then all you need, is to ask for an already made hand,
post a new thread for that. and dont forget to view the tutorial on how the hand was made , it will help you solve the bending and twisting problem while animating in opengl.