Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 26-06-2006 , 06:36 PM

Maya 6.0 getting started files

Hi there. For some reason my installation of Maya 6 doesn't have the files for the getting started tutorials. I was wondering where I could download them because the autodesk site hasn't been very helpful. As a last resort I'd appreciate it if someone could e-mail them to me. Many Thanks

P.S. I've posted this before but my thread seems to have disappeared and my post count is zero. Please tell me if I'm missing something.

# 2 26-06-2006 , 11:17 PM
Subscriber
if you have the ple edition you could just go to the site and download 7.0. or you could check out there site for the getting started tuts. i just downloaded the ple of 7.0 and i came with it.

Do what you like, like what you do.

# 3 27-06-2006 , 03:16 PM
Subscriber
u should be able to explore the cd to find an extract the help file

however IF u have a cracked version u may not get it as there dodgy

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973

# 4 27-06-2006 , 05:05 PM
Yeah it is cracked...suppose I have no right to complain really but it still would be nice if I could get them somehow. I'd appreciate it if a good samaritan could e-mail the relatively small .mb files to me.

Thanks
ESRB

# 5 27-06-2006 , 05:23 PM
Subscriber
Dude, its not exactly a good idea to advertise the fact that you are using illegal software, I don't see why somebody should email you their help files from their legally bought version of Maya, do you??

When in doubt......smile!

https://www.x-menthelaststand.com/

# 6 27-06-2006 , 09:15 PM
Good point...well, I thought I'd be honest...I'd never be able to afford it and I'm just trying to expand my 3d knowledge and skills

# 7 28-06-2006 , 12:33 AM
Subscriber
That is what PLE is for.

"If Less is more then think how much more more would be..."

Winner June 2009 Spaceship Challenge

# 8 28-06-2006 , 03:20 PM
Subscriber
or student version for around $300
but ple's price sounds much nicer:bandit:

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973

# 9 29-06-2006 , 12:04 PM

Thank you for your interest!

Thank you for your interest in our website. We here at Simply Maya enjoy what we do and we do it all for you, the noob, who even though means well, is just too much of a noob to know that posession of pirated or illegal software is a crime and we here at SM do not condone such offenses. If you like the software, there is a FREE version called MAYA PLE or Personal Learning Edition for the noobie impaired or the impaired noobie, whichever you may prefer; for those interested in learning it available at the Maya website located here.

Once again, thank you for your interest in Simply Maya. A wonderful place to learn. :hug:

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu