Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 19-07-2006 , 07:31 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Sir Avalon

Its good enough for D'Artiste book, easily, I think theres far worse in there.

Im in agreement with the other guys on the face here. The slightest tilt of the head to the side away from us and avert the eyes toward us will make the world of difference to this, as good as it is already.

Cheers
Jay

# 17 19-07-2006 , 07:47 AM
Thats some stonking work there sir avalon!!

Love the look and the colours of the piece

# 18 19-07-2006 , 07:51 AM
Thank you Jay and everyone else, I really appreciate all the feedback!
You guys are right... I had a look when I came in this morning and a more expressive face will add alot. So, back to verts for me user added image
Will hopefully have something by tonight... have my dayjob to take care of first!

Cheers,
/Chris

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 19 19-07-2006 , 10:30 AM
Senior Software Developer
FANTASTIC.

But the only crit I would have is to look into your depth of field. She seems slightly blurred. I would have her rendered sharper and the rest out of focus, but hey thats me.

Oh and its always worth putting it in for an entry into D'Artiste, you have the talent. You will never know until you try.

Good luck...

Chris (formerly R@nSiD)
Twitter
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will truely know peace - Jimmy Hendrix
Winner SM VFX Challenge 1
3rd Place SM SteamPunk Challenge (May 2007)
# 20 19-07-2006 , 01:00 PM
very nice work user added image
I really like the detail in the foreground and on the tree.
Her body pose says 'confident' but her head pose says 'minor reprimand' or 'slightly taken aback' to me.
With a bit of tweaking you've got a great piece there!

Examples of bTraffic - a traffic animation tool for Maya
bFlocking - a tool for Maya 8.5+ to generate flocking and swarming behaviours
Jan/Feb Challenge 2007 Entry and W.I.P
May/Jun Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Mar/Apr Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Jan/Feb Challenge 2006 Entry and W.I.P
Nov/Dec Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Sep/Oct Challenge 2005 Entry and W.I.P
Jul/Aug Challenge 2005 Entry
www.flash-fx.net
# 21 19-07-2006 , 02:08 PM
Subscriber
hey, is it just me or does the girl in the liptest video sounds and looks like britney spears?

great work anyway!
you are awesome:bow:

# 22 19-07-2006 , 09:56 PM
Subscriber
Can't believe I missed this thread.

Chris,

You've done an awesome job man. The only thing that stood out for me was her forearm. It doesn't look right, but I could be talking crap.

If this was my work I would be feeling VERY warm and fuzzy, you should be proud. user added image

Cheers
Paul

Attached Images
# 23 19-07-2006 , 10:14 PM
The Maya Mountain
good catch, BMS, I was going to comment on that too. Her arms seem a little spindly. But that's just me, maybe. I like some meat on dem bones. user added image

# 24 20-07-2006 , 07:39 AM
you could just create a parallel blend shape corrector in there with a new sculpt on the elbow and drive it with the joint. But if you are not animating this particular piece just delete the history on the whole thing after its posed etc and just give it a tickle with artisan, easy.

Jay

# 25 20-07-2006 , 12:50 PM
Thanks again everyone!
So, spent last night playing around with expressions and somehow everything turnd out ugly... I think I have a down period at the moment... here's one anyway... missing the hair cause I have to "style" it again. heading in the right direction or wrong?

Angalid: Hehe, yeah... I invited her over to record the lines and then we had a coupe of coffee user added image No, its from Eternal Sunshine of a spotless mind - Kirsten Dunst.

BMS: Will take a look at that...

Cheers,
/Chris

user added image

Beauty is worse than wine, it intoxicates both the holder and beholder - Immermann"
# 26 20-07-2006 , 05:45 PM
Subscriber
I think she is still hot without hair user added image

# 27 20-07-2006 , 06:04 PM
Subscriber

I think she is still hot without hair

user added image no she aint.
sweet model and i never noticed the arms til now, werent looking at arms :blush:

# 28 20-07-2006 , 06:21 PM
Muuuch better. At least now she is looking with a purpose, there almost a wry kind of look coming from the face, great stuff

Alot of work can be improved just by small details in the poses. people tend to overlook the pose a helluva lot. Its worth mentioning too, that the head turning always follows the eyes in terms of direction, so the eyes are actually turned more. Ive seen poses with the eyes and head centred exactly with each other, they look like marionnettes.

Good job

Jay

# 29 20-07-2006 , 09:06 PM
Thanks Jay!
I've been working on the hair tonight with the new pose... it's not perfect but I thought i'd post the latest on review. And I've been playing around with the hair stuff so if it looks wired, tell me!!
user added image

# 30 20-07-2006 , 09:21 PM
Subscriber
What I liked about the first pose is the way a small portion of her hair came over her face. Mind you I liked her first pose, it left me wondering what she could be thinking.

Am I correct in that her hair is shorter now? If so I would like to see some more length.

BTW: Very Sexy Chick you have Chris user added image

Could make a good challenge for the next comp!

Cheers
Paul