Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 21-09-2006 , 05:42 PM
Lifetime Member

Need skins!

I am working on a project I never tried before. And need HELP! Mostly I model Satelite and space stuff. But I am working on a SciFi peice and I volunteered to do some of the background characters - They do NOT have to do much. But I want them to have a certain look. Well - in fact 4 differant looks.

One of them is in a cloak - sort of Monk like (Clerical - long robe monk). I have been playing with cloth and making progress. But I have 2 problems.

It is hard to get the hood to drap over the head. Sugestions?

The other problem is Jackie. I do NOT like this skin. Is there a good skin - for both male and female - out there I can get? Particually that would map easy to the FBIK within Maya 8.0? Jackie needs adjusting to make it work.

Also. If I do the other chars I think I need advice on when to use cloth and when to add poly modeling details? (And if I go that route is Zbush to tool to get?)

To Live is to game in some way
# 2 22-09-2006 , 11:37 AM
Subscriber
to add high level of detail zb is the route
however if u mean 'background characters' in the sense that there r no close ups of them high detail is unesecary

for the monk i would do it in poly modelling personally

this way u dont need to build much of a frame for the cloth to drape over also the hood would be a lot easier

Now at SMU doing BSc 3D Computer Animation so its hard to get on here
My wire render tut https://forum.simplymaya.com/showthre...threadid=20973
# 3 22-09-2006 , 11:46 AM
Lifetime Member

background

Yep - these are NOT primary elements (unless they look TOO kewl) for the vid. I have been trying to cloth model the monk and the hood just keeps slipping off OR using contrain transform gets into a spikey point. (Guess I could notch the weighting on the constraint?)

To Live is to game in some way