Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 11-07-2007 , 03:23 PM

hypershade

Ok, so I am trying to model from a picture that I loaded into a plane through the hypershade option. The prob. is that every nurb, polygon or Sub-D I insert to work with has the image rendered into it. I have done this before off of some of the tutorials on here and it worked fine. Can someone please direct me to how I can have my image on the screen but the model without the image?

Thanks in advance,
Zerobit

# 2 11-07-2007 , 03:30 PM
In the hypershade box did you use the Lambert1 sphere to put the image on? Since thats what all the models are default with and if you put the image on the Lambert1, they'll all be default with that image. If im understanding the problem correctly, create a new Lambert node and put the picture on that one. Dont touch the default lambert.

Yay, not a freshman anymore!
# 3 11-07-2007 , 03:33 PM
I'll check that and get back to U. I may have done that by mistake.

Thanks

# 4 12-07-2007 , 08:44 AM
that did it!

thanks