Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 04-01-2003 , 07:17 AM

lining up polly vertex points

hi vamp the newbie here user added image

just wondering if there is a command to line a selection of vertex points up so when the mirror function is used i get no gaps.. I have moved a few points sideways by accident and i just wondered if there is a funciton in existance that would make my work easier

cheers

vamps

# 2 04-01-2003 , 07:24 AM
Subscriber
Will moving the vertices with grid snap on work? Either that, or you could always combine the mirror with the original, then merge each vertice. What exactly is it that your modeling again?

# 3 04-01-2003 , 07:30 AM
tyring to doa skull. I started with create poly tool thensplit it with the split poly tool. im such a tool didnt think of the snap to option..

X is the hotkey right?

# 4 04-01-2003 , 07:54 AM
The Maya Mountain
I think what you'd want to do is press insert to go into Pivot mode where you are able to move your object's pivot point. Snap your pivot to one of the vertices you want the mirror to flush with. Press Insert again, to return to normal mode, duplicate your object, put -1 in whichever Scale direction you need, and it should mirror around that pivot point, which, if placed correctly, shouldn't leave any gaps...

Hope that works for ya. user added image

# 5 04-01-2003 , 12:52 PM
cheers all worked fine.