Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 16 26-06-2008 , 04:36 PM
Subscriber
Ok, I know its such a small update and yall are prob sick of them but OHH WELL lol nosa but yea...everyone was complaining about my alien'esk ears lol so i redid them...spent my whole morning on these craps so hopefully no more modeling of the head for me........

also...i want to do hair..whats the best way about doing it....should i import into Z to do head but then i also thought Z was mainly for normal maps so how does that work ...unless i use the final model but doesnt that also add more to your mesh so i need help...helppppppppppppppppppppppp

Attached Thumbnails

Toyota Supra WIP

I create feeling in others that they themseleves don’t understand.
# 17 26-06-2008 , 05:52 PM
If you want to add more detail then go into Z, its also bloody good for texturing too (i'm almost getting to the point that unless its a real easy texturing Job in PS i'll do the main work in Z with a tweek in PS)

You can make bumps, normals, specs, colours, disps all in Z, obviously depending on how you use it and you brain so to speak.

"No pressure, no diamonds" Thomas Carlyle
# 18 26-06-2008 , 05:53 PM
Subscriber
Yea, i saw your lion and its looking good....I never even tried Z and I was thinking about learning...its the way to go..im just hoping i can pick it up..

Toyota Supra WIP

# 19 26-06-2008 , 06:06 PM
yeah - this is really coming together. definitely give zbrush a go. it's a lot of fun. user added image

# 20 26-06-2008 , 06:08 PM
Subscriber
so do you guys have any suggestion for how to do the hair lol...im sick of the bald guys

Toyota Supra WIP

# 21 26-06-2008 , 10:32 PM
hehe i knew if i left you alone for too long you would start a new project turbo :p but anyways its looking good, and starting over again and again allows you to use what you learned while making the last mesh...kutgw user added image nice work once again m8

# 22 26-06-2008 , 10:53 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by velociraptor1
hehe i knew if i left you alone for too long you would start a new project turbo :p but anyways its looking good, and starting over again and again allows you to use what you learned while making the last mesh...kutgw user added image nice work once again m8

haha I know...i was waiting for you to turn your back so that I can sneak another one in there lol...lol didn't think you'd catch me......haha I know I'm pretty bad at not finishing but to my defense...im in a transition phase...i want to be a organic guy and leave the car world behind for a bit lol plus rockstar opened a new facilities about 20 mins away from me and they are looking for character modelers...ill never get that position showomg them cars hehe....

Toyota Supra WIP

# 23 27-06-2008 , 03:18 AM
Subscriber
looking pretty sweet, did u use any refernces?

A great mod for Jedi academy www.moviebattles.com

Computer Rig-

64-bit vista
23.5 inch LCD + a 19 inch
Q6600 intell qaud
4 gigs of ddr2 ram
8800GTS 512 video card @700mhz
# 24 27-06-2008 , 03:19 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by starjsjswars
looking pretty sweet, did u use any refernces?

I started with a reference to get the basic head shape...then i used like 3 different references to make someone i thought would look good for my skyline so about a totak of 4 pics in 1 lol.

Toyota Supra WIP

# 25 27-06-2008 , 08:40 PM
Subscriber
so before i go further...im fixing up the little bit of details....so ive watched a few tutorials on head modeling....and in all they say the eyes are rotated a bit..but when i look in the mirror, i dont see it lol..so i did the eyes..the left one is straight...the right one rotated...should i leave it rotated or straight?.....sorry for all the questions but im trying to make it right the first time esp its good for future reference

Attached Thumbnails

Toyota Supra WIP

# 26 28-06-2008 , 08:56 AM
hehe...yeah i reckoned you would be making more posts of new material if left alone for too long user added image those eyes are pretty tight m8-nice work. Dont think of it as leaving the world of cars, just think of it as adding another string to your bow ya dig?
Good luck with rockstar(if you apply) kutgw user added image

# 27 28-06-2008 , 07:16 PM
to me - it looks like you've rotated it the wrong way - they should rotate outwards, just a few degrees.

# 28 28-06-2008 , 07:59 PM
Subscriber

Originally posted by arran
to me - it looks like you've rotated it the wrong way - they should rotate outwards, just a few degrees.

Thanks arran...see...thats why its good to ask lmao...ok so ill do about the same degree rotation but just the other way..thanks a lot man..

Toyota Supra WIP

# 29 06-07-2008 , 11:37 PM
Subscriber
started with the texturing.....beginning bump and color map......I'm lost because he was supposed to be a driver for my skyline but now i want to turn him into something neat...something with a neat outfit

user added image

Toyota Supra WIP

Last edited by 99GsTurbo; 07-07-2008 at 07:37 AM.
# 30 07-07-2008 , 06:57 AM
Super Moderator
Image...too...big...can't...see the whole thing to give real crit.

/dramatically passes out, William Shatner style

- Genny