Hey, guys, I thought I'd let you all know that I'm going to be working with CED solutions as an online instructor for Maya game art classes for a little while starting this coming August. If you'd like to check it out, you can here:
congratulation to you Mike. I am new to 3D and actually is computer science background. I like to learn Maya and like to work in this field in future, but i learn myself and haven plan to take the degree on this. If i would like to find a job as a 3D designer, should i take a degree? or must i get the certificate?
the only thing that matters in finding a job, 90% of the time, is a good portfolio. Usually, the other 10% is experience. If the best way for you to make a good portfolio is to learn from school, that's what you should do. If you can do it on your own, go for it.
SimplyMaya specialises in Maya tutorials. We offer over 1,000 individual Maya training videos, ranging from basic Maya tutorials through to intermediate Maya tutorials. Our tutorials are created by instructors with industry experience and are designed to get you up and running in Maya quickly without making it seem like hard work.