Hey guys please i need some advice on a new project i will be managing
I need some advice... My church has currently given me the green light to create a cartoon for the childrens church. It will be a christain 3d animation for the kids at the church to watch while the parents are in the main service. The church will be funding so the money will be limited, i will be doing this on a part time basis for free no charge. I am thinking of putting a team together and directing the project. I need some advice, it will be about a 20min episode, i will do only one episode as a test first, so i have some questions. (Note: we already have hardware and software ready and its not gonna be too comlplex of an animation)
1. How many team members do you think i need. ( i was thinking 4 plus me 5)
2. How do i divide the work load (animation, lighting/rendering, modeling e.t.c)
3. Specifically how do i divide animation among 2 or 3 animators
4. How do i pipeline the whole project.
5. How do i get animators, modelers, and VFX personnel to work together without wasting time.
I can handle all the preproduction and postproduction my self since i am very versatile. its just production am worried about.
How would you do this if it were you? what are the pitfalls i need to worry about? and do you have any advice in general..
I have about 4 years in experience in 3d animation, so am familiar with a lot of applications..
Thank you so much