Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 1 20-12-2008 , 02:45 PM

Super weird problem !!

Hey Guys

Came across this stupid problem today trying to convert my grid into Working units of: "Foot" to model a scale building. Problem is when I do change my working units to "Foot" when i zoom out in my free perspective the grid vanishes but if i zoom back in a little it appears. So in short when changing working units from cm to ft i can only see 5x5 boxes of my grid then when i zoom out to see the full 20x20 the whole grid vanishes!! Anyone had this problem?? or know of a glitch that might cause it ??

Im Running Maya 2008

Any help would be Awsome as this seems a stupid problem to have !!!

Thanks

# 2 20-12-2008 , 04:29 PM
Super Moderator
Its the clipping plane on the camera, increase it.

- Genny
# 3 20-12-2008 , 05:13 PM
Thanks Heaps Gect I have never modeled anything with 1/10 actual scale in feet so never encountered this problem before.
Your help has also solved 4 other related problems with the same project thank you very much

# 4 21-12-2008 , 10:20 AM
Banned
It is great,your opinion is very novelty thanks very much guy!

# 5 21-12-2008 , 01:09 PM
Super Moderator
That last comment was really random....
thatsmybrand, no problem, glad that it helped user added image

- Genny