Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 14-01-2003 , 09:56 PM
Kevin

Marking Menus Video Tutorial

Its out now...

Joe takes us through this easy to understand tutorial explaining custom marking menus!

Its in the free area user added image

a great tutorial

# 2 14-01-2003 , 10:04 PM
This is great! People need to use custom marking menus more. They make you so much more efficient when you're working.

Danny Ngan
Animator | Amaze Entertainment
my website | my blog | my job
# 3 15-01-2003 , 12:33 AM
Subscriber
Very Cool! Thank you...

Maya 4 Fundamentals has some pre-made menus....which I have been trying to get used to, and they are pretty handy.

user added image

https://www.darrylworley.com/

https://www.defendamerica.mil/nmam.html
# 4 15-01-2003 , 01:09 AM
Subscriber
Well I hope you guys like it. user added image

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 5 15-01-2003 , 02:01 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by Hidalgo
Very Cool! Thank you...

Maya 4 Fundamentals has some pre-made menus....which I have been trying to get used to, and they are pretty handy.

user added image

yes they are dead handy... I used to use them all the time, but when I started this site I went back to basic setup for videos ..

but i may add a few again.... its a great little vid, and very well explained

# 6 15-01-2003 , 03:05 AM
Subscriber
wow, I really enjoyed it Joe!! and Kevin tahnks for the free tuts!!

one thing... maybe it was me but Joe seems a little bit nervous... Just relax next time and you'll do really well!

-Emo

# 7 15-01-2003 , 07:51 AM
Subscriber
wow never new you could make your own nice joe user added image thanks kev

Thanks for wasting your time reading this line.
# 8 15-01-2003 , 11:26 AM
Kevin

Originally posted by Emo
wow, I really enjoyed it Joe!! and Kevin tahnks for the free tuts!!

one thing... maybe it was me but Joe seems a little bit nervous... Just relax next time and you'll do really well!

-Emo

I would say this:

For his first vid shoot he done really well, It amazing that as soon as I get a mic in front of me - it all goes to pot.. when I look back at some of the vids I have done I think
" dam I dont normally do it like that" ...but it kinda just happens..

My latest ones have been a little better, but thats why this months tuts have been a little late to be released as I want them of a better quality... so I have to do many retakes.

I am working on a rig tut at the moment, so far Im up to 16 retakes!! this is just becuase after I have done it I listen back and see things I wouldnt normally do.

I had a mate around the other day showing him a rig I had been working on and he said "I didnt think you could that mate..thats awesome" but to get that on a recording within a certain time limit is tough...

so well done joe - the "relax" part will come... and when it does - let me know what it feels like LOL

# 9 15-01-2003 , 02:38 PM
excellent, i use marking menus all the time, now i'll get to find out how to make my own, :banana:

# 10 15-01-2003 , 11:29 PM
Subscriber
Emo

I am glad you liked it. Nervous who was nervoususer added image

Never Do Today What You Can Put Off Till Tomorrow..
My New Site MayaFx.com
# 11 23-01-2003 , 11:35 AM
I have never used marking menus before.. I suddenly got in "touch" with them en now I used then al the time. Create a marking menu with the items you use the most en get rid of all the other menus.... and you have then a bigger screen to work with... in the beginning it is a little different but after a while work wil go much, much faster

The Important Thing is NOT to Stop Questioning.
--- Albert Einstein ---
www.ProtheusWorld.tk
# 12 23-01-2003 , 03:28 PM
The Maya Mountain
I used them for a while, but found that Shelf Shortcuts were faster for me. Maya's cool about letting people use their preferences. user added image