Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 04-06-2009 , 10:25 AM
Subscriber

Troubles in Maya

Hey Guys,

since I got my new computer I'm not able to use maya properly. Everytime I'm pressing the right mouse button the working area disapears and the background apears (see picture). I couldn't find anything about that on google.
I hope someone can help me :headbang:

(I also read that it could be usefull to change settings from opengl to direct3d but I don't know how to do that)

I'm using Maya 2008 (also tried it on Maya 2009 30day trial version)
- Core 2 Quad Q6600
- 4GB of ram
- Geforce 9800GT

Thanks for your help and sorry for my BAAAAAAD englisch

user added image

# 2 05-06-2009 , 08:24 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Don't know exactly but i would throw away your prefs and reinstall your videocard drivers

There is also a monitor tool similar to everest called
PC Wizard 2008 here you can look in windows what the status of your hardware is.

Also google maya 2008 system requirements to find the correct drivers ( I always use google the Autodesk website itself is a nightmare to navigate)

Edit;

Just wondering do you have a model open in maya? or is it an empty scene?

I also read somewhere that you can tweak the maya.env file to be quicker if your hardware isn't up to it, but i wouldn't mess with it if you don't know what you are doing

Last edited by mastone; 05-06-2009 at 08:26 PM.