Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 1 23-12-2009 , 08:20 PM
Events Team at Wargaming.net

Photoshop or Illustrator

So I have a drawing that I want to color in using photoshop or illustrator I just dont know which one would be better, I know photoshop is a bitmap related program but wouldnt illustrator be the same since all im going to be using is the paint tool? maybe some gradients. I know if i was creating it from scratch i would want to use the vector base so I would want to stick with illustrator but again wont be using any curves or lines or anything.

If i am wrong about this information please let me know as i dont want to be uninformed on the programs i plan on using a lot.

# 2 23-12-2009 , 11:06 PM
Maniacal boy king of Babylon
Illustrator is Vector based, photoshop pixel based

Which means you need to ask yourself where you will use it for, I personally don't like illustrator but since it's vectorbased it's better scale able than PS.

The same goes for Poly's vs Nurbs, poly's are pixelbased if you want a highress render you" ll have to up thepolycount to keep the curvature consistent at higher resolutions, nurbs define a curve between a number of points and it retains its shape at higher resolutions.user added image

# 3 24-12-2009 , 04:34 AM
Events Team at Wargaming.net
Hmmm ok thanks, will have to debate for a bit maybe i will do it on both.