Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 19-05-2011 , 09:29 PM

VFX tracking.

# 2 19-05-2011 , 09:46 PM
SM Tea Boy
Nicely done user added image something about the lighting in the cg part that does not sit quite right. Can't put my finger on it. Just small nit picking though overall Id say great job!

Dave user added image

---EDIT---

Now I look again it's not the lighting it's some small detail in there.... can't quite wrap my brain around it. Any chance of a still? Might just be a video encoding artifact that's doing it.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 20-05-2011 , 10:13 AM
Hi David,

Thank you for your comments, really appreciated.

I'll post up some stills in a bit. I rendered out separate passes as I found some of the bloody bits coming out too red. I applied some desaturation to parts, wonder if it's a little too much in places and that's what's catching you eye. Or it could be that some of the flesh bits aren't really stitched together just plonked on top of the zygomatic arch of the skull.

# 4 20-05-2011 , 10:16 AM
SM Tea Boy
Could well be mate desaturation as at first I though lighting. You try the new FIRE IPR thingy in Maxwell yet? If not download the upgrade it's pretty awesome user added image

Dave

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 5 21-05-2011 , 05:47 PM
Hey Dave.

Yep use Fire quite a lot. The only problem I've found with it is that if you have an HDRI as a bakground it sometimes does weird things. But it saves so much time when setting up materials.

I was going to post up some stills but I'm on my laptop at the moment and all I have is the Zbrush model.

user added image

Last edited by Bubblegummonster; 21-05-2011 at 05:50 PM.