Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-07-2011 , 03:43 AM

Bunch of walk cycle problems

I'm having to put hours into workarounds to mirroring problems in addition to the graph editor glitches. I'm using the Andy rig. Mirroring the actions on one side to the other took me hours. I'd rather concentrate on the acting portion but I can't because the technical issues keep slowing me down. If you don't know what the problem is, could you recommend additional sources that might have a solution? How do you copy position attributes? How do you copy individual keys? How do you copy and mirror an editable motion curve? Is there a faster way of mirroring the moves for the entire opposite half of a rig?

How do you copy and paste multiple values between objects? When I duplicate values from the channel editor, then paste them to the new attribute, it pastes every single key I've made so far. I don't want that, I do want it to copy just the particular attributes I've highlighted and paste them into the corresponding channel editor fields.

My workaround for moving the entire rig was to move the highest hierarchy controller, key it separately from the rig, and then re-position the planted foot by eye so it wasn't sliding. I might have gotten rid of a motion path by deleting it in the outliner. I did run into another problem where the tangents on the key nodes would not display even with in and out tangent marked on the marking menu.