Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 05-07-2011 , 06:30 PM

dimensions

Hi, got Maya 2009

I want to make several objects the same height but even if they are both set to 20 they are different heights I assume due to all the manual scaling. Is there a a simple way to solve this without recreating every object? Thanks

# 2 05-07-2011 , 07:55 PM
Subscriber
Just make one the height you want and then duplicate it...

# 3 05-07-2011 , 09:35 PM

Just make one the height you want and then duplicate it...

Thats too inflexible. If I'm putting together a complicated scene I like to resize manually on the fly. The visual scaling tool becomes useless if you can no longer harmonize dimensions because of it.

# 4 05-07-2011 , 09:51 PM
The thin red line
You could use create locator as a measuring tool, then put them in a layer so as not to select them...........dave

# 5 13-07-2011 , 12:38 AM

You could use create locator as a measuring tool, then put them in a layer so as not to select them...........dave

How about the snap to vertex. move your second object in the y direction, hold down the "V" and mmb over the vertex you want to size to, and you will then "snap" to that exact size.