Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 10-10-2011 , 11:12 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

Russell Crowe as Jor-El

# 2 11-10-2011 , 01:17 AM
Lifetime Member
Never a fan of the Superman movies...thought they were crap to be honest...and Kiwi Russ eh? LOL he doesnt seem as fit as in Gladiator?? or is that just leftover Xmas pud under that suit.

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 11-10-2011 , 07:15 AM
Must have been a long christmas then...

# 4 11-10-2011 , 07:22 AM
Super Moderator
I dig the design and I think his weight is negligible, I prefer character variety over everybody looking like 20 year old gym rats. I'm already crossing my fingers on "The Thing" (I loved the original) and I'll cross my fingers on this one too.

- Genny
# 5 11-10-2011 , 10:56 AM
Yeah I agree with Gen

I don't think being buff would suit him or any guy of his age really. I cant imagine anyones Dad (fictional or not) being that great a shape. LOL I'm not.

Staying in shape is fine but can you imagine him ripped totally for this? No, he'd look so camp. Even in Gladiator he wasnt really ripped even though that role called for 'shirts off and kill' . Marlon Brando was even more rotund as Jor-el in the Christopher Reeve Superman movie so.....

Besides ol' Russ is a mans man, and I think he'd kick anyones butt no matter what.

Yeah I think I'll be giving the Thing viewing at some point too. Which original Gen, this is the second remake....?

Jay

# 6 11-10-2011 , 01:38 PM
Super Moderator
As far as I know there was only one 'The Thing' before this and that was early 80's. For me, its one of those movies that can't get old. I just hope it doesn't follow the trend of cg being a substitute for believable characters and story. This Superman thing reminded me that I watched Megamind the other day and really enjoyed it, I remember the trailers and they did not do it justice.

- Genny
# 7 11-10-2011 , 01:46 PM
Ahh cool, yeah the Kurt Russell one, that was good. There was one made years before though, in B+W eeeek!!

J

# 8 11-10-2011 , 02:32 PM
Super Moderator
Only thing I could find was this ----> Linkyuser added image

- Genny