Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 05-12-2011 , 05:41 PM
Lifetime Member

Maya Cameras

Hi Everybody

A question on the cameras as implemented in Maya. Coming from a 35mm still photography background I'm quit familiar with what lens length / f-stop combinations to use to achieve a certain look, perspective or effect. How can I relate the cameras in Maya to the world of 35mm?

Thanks
pixalza

# 2 05-12-2011 , 06:37 PM
SM Tea Boy
Drop a MR photographic exposure node into the camera under lens shaders

Dave user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 3 05-12-2011 , 07:13 PM
Lifetime Member
Thanks David. That works really good to control the "exposure" if one can call it that in the CG world. Any way to relate the lens focal length in the camera settings to lens focal length in the 35mm world? Example the angle of view of a maya 50mm lens is way different to what I'm used to. I experimented with the film back settings but just could not quite get a combination that emulates a 35mm camera.