Beer glass scene creation
This course contains a little bit of everything with modeling, UVing, texturing and dynamics in Maya, as well as compositing multilayered EXR's in Photoshop.
# 1 19-01-2012 , 07:32 PM
Texturize this...

Percentages not showing for Interactive PolySplit

All,

Just joined.. looks like a great site. Will be contributing more and more as I get more advanced in Maya.

I'm doing some tutorials. I want to split a box in the middle at exactly the mid point. I know how to do this but the tutorial says that after I select the Interactive Split Tool and move my mouse close to an edge of the box, I will be able to see a percentage of slip output in the Help Line window when I click to make a vertice. I have my Help Line enabled but when I to click and drag nothing is showing.

Any ideas? is there a preference setting that is off somewhere?

# 2 20-01-2012 , 04:15 AM
Not sure what tutorial you are doing but the interactive split tool never displayed a percentage along the edge that I can recall and in Maya 2012 at least if you try to bring up help on the interactive split tool you get a red message saying there is no help for this tool or at least I do.

"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Sir Isaac Newton, 1675
# 3 20-01-2012 , 11:15 AM
EduSciVis-er
I think the split poly tool shows a percentage. The interactive split, maybe not.

# 4 23-01-2012 , 02:18 PM
Texturize this...

I think the split poly tool shows a percentage. The interactive split, maybe not.

Yeah, i guess not, but in the tutorial as well as in Introducing Autodeck maya 2012 by Dariush Derakhshani (Sybex) it shows what it looks like with the percentages and says that its current functionality in the Interactive tool so i wish somebody could confirm it for sure.

# 5 23-01-2012 , 03:41 PM
If you are modelling with history, look at the channel box on the left after using the split poly tool You'll see a value between 0 and 1 there. This will let you know at which distance along the edge the new point has appeared, you can also manually adjust this value there.