Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 02-03-2012 , 11:58 PM
Subscriber

Now armed with a Cintiq

Some time ago I bought the Wacom Cintiq 24.

I got it yesterday.

The box is HUGE. The beast inside is heavy. It's worth significantly more than my computer and three monitors put together at what I bought them at. It's also a tool I can't use not nearly as well as most of you guys would be able to, but I still got it.

I bought ZBrush a few years ago, and now I have no excuse not to learn it.

The monitors you see in the picture is a 24", and 2 22", I'm running both OSX and Windows on two different computers sharing the same keyboard and mouse.

Attached Thumbnails

that's a "Ch" pronounced as a "K"

Computer skills I should have:
Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
Maya, XSI, Photoshop, AfterEffects, Motion, Illustrator, Flash, Swift3D
# 2 03-03-2012 , 02:23 AM
Lifetime Member
nice one man...ooohhhhh how much was it?

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 03-03-2012 , 03:00 AM
Subscriber
just under $NZ3700.
Which is roughly the $US converted to $NZ + tax.

Objective C, C#, Java, MEL. Python, C++, XML, JavaScript, XSLT, HTML, SQL, CSS, FXScript, Clips, SOAR, ActionScript, OpenGL, DirectX
# 4 03-03-2012 , 03:08 AM
Acid44
Lol, that's like $4 CAD. Sorry, I always make fun of NZ money and the art of buying computer things there. :p

# 5 03-03-2012 , 03:33 AM
Technical Director

Lol, that's like $4 CAD.

Which is like $8 USD user added image

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 6 03-03-2012 , 03:51 AM
Lifetime Member
LOL you have money in Canada guys??? I thought you still traded furs?? bahahahahahahahaha

ouch that would have hurt the skyrocket chirone??? expensive!!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 7 03-03-2012 , 04:50 AM
Acid44
Ha, we have board game money. Our new $100 bills are even made of plastic user added image

# 8 03-03-2012 , 05:53 AM
Technical Director
They're worth more in raw materials! user added image

Chirone: Very nice mate. Hope you enjoy that beast!

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 9 03-03-2012 , 05:56 AM
Lifetime Member
HA!!! we have had plastic money for donkeys years...goes real well with a hot bloody iron!! bahaha raw materials...ppwwwffftttttt you should see the size of the holes we are digging over here ND...blow your mind....

bullet1968

# 10 03-03-2012 , 06:14 AM
Acid44
I don't see the point behind our plastic money, I could print one up like it's nothing and no store would be able to distinguish it from a real one... At least our cotton-fiber paper had some security

# 11 03-03-2012 , 07:41 AM
Lifetime Member
Very nice Chirone. How well does it integrate with OSX?

# 12 03-03-2012 , 09:03 AM
Subscriber
acid: plastic money doesn't get killed in the wash. At least that was what they said when it first came out. I remember leaving paper money in my pants when I was a little kid once... didn't turn out very well for the money.

bullet: yeah, expensive, but not as expensive as the previous two Februarys where I've spend a small fortune on something! It seems to be a growing habit of Feb...

NextDesign: thanks. I'm loving my new arrangement, it looks pretty cool. I'm still impressed by (read:trying to adjust to) the shear size of this!

PixalZA: haven't tried it on OSX yet. Windows was a higher priority as that's the one with all my graphics stuff. OSX is used for developer stuff so I haven't been in a rush to try it out on it.