Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 08-05-2012 , 09:19 PM
Administrator

New Tutorial - Product Visualizations in mental ray

This step by step tutorial in Maya 2012 will take you through the complete process of creating a photorealistic render of acrylic paint tubes in mental ray. Watch a sample here.

Final image:

user added image

Created by Sergej Zlahtic from Media Design School, some of you might remember his helicopter render from the toy challenge.

# 2 08-05-2012 , 10:41 PM
Lifetime Member
Very nice...I will be watching this one!

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes
# 3 28-05-2012 , 06:28 PM
I must say this lesson looks excellent, and the texture on the caps brilliant. But is $29 a bit much, cus you could get a months sub on DT for this? I don't want to be negative, I love the site, just trying to raise the subject..

# 4 28-05-2012 , 08:43 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
If I may venture an opinion on that last post. Just because you can get a sub at DT isnt guaranteeing you are getting industry 'inside' training...(you arent) plus they reel of half of what is in the maya help anyway. Have you see the guys portfolio at DT...I guess not.....

Theres the justifiable 29 bucks.

Jay

# 5 31-05-2012 , 03:09 AM
Nice rendering, I will follow this tutorial.

# 6 03-06-2012 , 08:43 AM
Banned

New Tutorial - Product Visualizations in mental ray?

This step by step tutorial in Maya 2012 will take you through the complete process of creating a photorealistic render of acrylic paint tubes in ...

# 7 03-06-2012 , 09:11 AM
The thin red line
[QUOTE=3dinfoyantram;338872]This step by step tutorial in Maya 2012 will take you through the complete process of creating a photorealistic render of acrylic paint tubes in ...

A bit naughty using this thread to advertize your site.............dave

# 8 03-06-2012 , 11:00 AM
Lifetime Member
Plug like that 3Dinfo should get you a red card mate....Aussie rules style and you would be sandwiched.

Yes Jay I agree entirely...$29 is a lot of money but at the end of the day its the quality that you are paying for. Simply Maya in my eyes is actually very competitive and affordable. In my country thats a carton of beer....not much at all....and lets face it..after a carton you wont remember squat LOL...at least with the tut you can go back time and time again to ref yourself...so really its a good value.

I myself and many others here struggle to get that photo real look etc...so to me this is actually a good investment....as I will at least KNOW how to better present my models when they need a photo real look.

As with Jays Physical sun tut....all are quality tuts that teach both the students and the hacks...like me..a hack..to at least enjoy a final render that I can present to at least my mates...and they go WOW.

I have been to DT...and several other sites etc etc...being and old fella..I have learnt one thing in life...you can continuously eat budget meat...boil it, slow cook it etc to make it tasty....OR you can fork out every now and then for a damn fine Scotch fillet steak...the choice is yours...I go the Scotch fillet LOL.

my 2 cents

cheers bullet

bullet1968

"A Darkness at Sethanon", a book I aspire to model some of the charcters and scenes

Last edited by bullet1968; 03-06-2012 at 11:08 AM.