Maya for 3D Printing - Rapid Prototyping
In this course we're going to look at something a little different, creating technically accurate 3D printed parts.
# 1 26-09-2012 , 12:44 AM

HELP.........

Hello,

Has someone ever faced the such trouble in maya 2011 : ( see the snapshot )

I have been making different layers for lighting the scene, but somehow after some time either the shader or the layer gets corrupted. What can be the possible reasons ?

some which i think are:
I am using "black hole" in Lambert to take out matte in some layers.
Too many layers my no has increased to 25 in some scenes.
Version bug.

Any kind of help would be appreciated..

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 26-09-2012 , 12:49 AM
Using windows maya 2011 64 bit

# 3 26-09-2012 , 12:22 PM
The thin red line
Try sellecting the layer thats the problem then right click and go down to "set sellected layer" as shaded...............dave

# 4 27-09-2012 , 09:38 AM
Thanks dave, but it is already set to that mode. Its shader which is behaving in this strange manner. half of the objects seem to be in wireframe mode even after i apply the shader.

I deleted this layer and made it again and it works fine for some time goes bad again....... lol im kinda stuck !!

# 5 06-10-2012 , 05:15 PM
Just found that referencing render layers in maya has a bug, and it messes up shaders very badly in referenced scenes !!! LOL.....and nobody at autodesk is bothered to fix this as this problem is lingering on for last three versions and yet remains unsolved !!

I'll try and also post a solution if i find one .......

# 6 06-10-2012 , 07:36 PM

Alas

I had killed so much time to just rectify the mess that these render layers create when referenced, that I wanted switch back to a maya 2009 from 2012 (i've never faced such a bad issue there), but a fancy whim of mine bought me back to resolve the issue (i'm glad it did)....and LOL i found a temporary solution.....because there is no fix yet !!

So here's what I did : I just ran the script fixRenderLayerOutAdjustmentErrors found inside scripts folder in maya (ver. 2010 and above) .....and puff my problem was close to fixed. I had to do some tits and bits over it to achieve what i wanted.........

Putting it here for I don't want anyone else to bear the burnt of same problem again - hopefully !!

user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image:b eer:user added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added imageuser added image:bee r:user added image