Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 1
This course will look at the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. We'll look at what makes a good model in Maya and why objects are modeled in the way they are.
# 1 25-11-2012 , 10:19 PM
Subscriber

key framing parent/unparent

is there a way to do this? Most of the time i need to do switches from animating between IK and FK and i can get 1 parenting action in there, say on a grab push/pull animation but i can unparent and parent to something else in the same scene. Is there a way to key frame parenting and unparenting action without it going completely bonkers on me?

# 2 25-11-2012 , 11:03 PM
EduSciVis-er
Try keying a parent constraint with the weight as 1 or 0. Hopefully that works in your situation.

# 3 25-11-2012 , 11:46 PM
Subscriber
thx i'll try that user added image

# 4 26-11-2012 , 05:57 AM
Technical Director
Just make sure you don't keep them both at 1, else you'll get strange results. You usually want to follow the formula:

blend0 = *value*
blend1 = 1 - blend0

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 5 26-11-2012 , 06:44 AM
Subscriber
i'll have to mess around with it the next time it comes up. my current project only requires 1 parented object so no worries on it just yet user added image i'll probably run a few experiments on it when im done.