Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 04-12-2012 , 09:20 PM
Noober than noob

I hope Genny does not mind, the two boxes have to share the same space so zero down the translate in x,y and z for both boxes then run the bake, use outline to pick the boxes.................dave

As in, using the Edge select? There was a menu in which the objects can be selected by clicking on their name, what was it again and where can it be found?

Anyway, I've added them by having menu open and duplicating, then adding the new cube. Yeah, finally have the textures on the hypershade. Thanks.

The only problem would be that the exported texture has edges colored different. Should it normally be that way?
And I've seen some people exporting the maps with the edges of the mesh over them, how do they do that?

Attached Images

Last edited by SilverFeather; 04-12-2012 at 09:25 PM.
# 17 04-12-2012 , 10:32 PM
Super Moderator
You moved the duplicate cube that's the problem. One cube is supposed to be using the other as an envelope. The edges are there to prevent seams from showing, if you don't want that then decrease "fill texture seams" parameter to 0 in the transfer maps settings.

- Genny
# 18 05-12-2012 , 12:23 PM
Noober than noob
Thank you all!
Well, I didn't make it in time to make the maps for the contest, but oh well, I've learned something new. They had some rules that I didn't get at first, so was confused what they meant about the maps, and I'm not sure if they would want the maps only for actual textures, or if shaders count as textures. Guess I'll find out on the 10th Dec.

# 19 29-10-2013 , 12:44 PM

Quick Video, something was up with the encoding but should still be ok.
Transfer Maps in Maya - YouTube

Thanks Gen. i was just about to make a topic about this after searching for over an hour for a sulotion user added image user added image

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 20 29-10-2013 , 09:45 PM
Super Moderator
I'm happy it helped! user added image

- Genny