Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 1 03-12-2012 , 08:43 PM

Leopard 2A4M CAN

Been a long time since I've last posted anything here. Been working on a personal project for a bit, its a little slow but trying to get it done.

I'm modeling the Leopard 2A4M CAN. Ever since Canada has acquired the Leopard 2 tanks (A4's from Netherlands and 6's from Germany), I've been interested in those tanks especially with the Canadian variants kinda being like a mish-mash of the A4's to A7's models.

So I tried my luck at building a tank even though I know the treads themselves will be a poly nightmare (I'm not going lowpoly but will try to be conservative with the polycount). Here's a few shots of what I have.

My workflow, isn't exactly organized since I go back and forth with the hull, the armor, suspension, etc. So, any comments are welcome be it harsh or nice user added image!

Cheers!

[Edit] Forgot to mention, I am modeling the tank off the German A4 blueprints and using several reference pics of the Canadian A4's. A bit tough since some parts aren't integrated into the blueprints and have to kind of wing them.

Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by flip_snip3r; 03-12-2012 at 08:46 PM.
# 2 03-12-2012 , 08:52 PM
The thin red line
Looking good to me I like the fact that you are not going mad with the 3 buttonuser added image............dave

# 3 03-12-2012 , 09:07 PM

Looking good to me I like the fact that you are not going mad with the 3 buttonuser added image............dave

Thanks! I'm beveling for this model, not confident enough with my edge placement and flow to smooth hard surface models.

# 4 15-12-2012 , 03:09 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
great job so far...keep that bevelling up!!

J

# 5 15-12-2012 , 10:00 PM

great job so far...keep that bevelling up!!

J

Thanks Jay! Will do user added image