Substance Painter
In this start to finish texturing project within Substance Painter we cover all the techniques you need to texture the robot character.
# 1 19-12-2012 , 04:53 AM

Organic Model question

Hello,

I'm having a perpetual issue with my organic models for faces and I want to make sure I'm not going crazy before I give up and start over like I always do. I've attached my Mila Kunis model so far and have notice that I'm mostly done and this model looks nothing like Mila Kunis. What am I doing wrong... shouldn't it look like her at this point? Lips always look larger, noses never come out like I think... and I'm running out of ideas to pretty this up. Or am I experiencing an ugly effect without the texture and hair. Please look and let me know if my model is on the right track.

Please let me know... it's bugging me and I'd like to hear some tips and opinions.

Thanks

Itzat

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-12-2012 , 09:55 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
All I can say its a start, you still have alot of work to do. I would get alot more reference images from google and put those into camera planes too and keep on tweaking the model. Also I think you need to be more aware of facial anatomy, because this has alot of issues in that area. You are trying also to match the lips from the front image which are closed and then tweak from the side that are clearly open so that is certainly not going to work, try to be as consistent with your reference as possible, I know its not always easy but do try.

Also post a wire of the model, because if the wire doesnt have the right edge loops then again the anatomy of the face wont work.

Jay

# 3 19-12-2012 , 11:57 AM
Great tips. Here's the topology as requested. Keep in mind this is my first attempt at a face... and I'm very surprised that it doesn't look like a monster. I've tried to follow some sort of musculature for animation. Please let me know how I can continue to improve.

Itzat

Last edited by itzat; 19-12-2012 at 01:45 PM.
# 4 19-12-2012 , 12:15 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore

# 5 06-07-2013 , 03:28 PM
Subscriber
If you post a wireframe using the Shading rollout and turn on "wireframe on shader" we can get a better view and be more helpful.

This looks like it might be a nurbs model?

Or have you applied a Mesh Smooth onto your model?