Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 04-04-2013 , 07:25 PM

Ugly Light from Physical Sun/Sky

Hello,

So I am trying to light my scene for daylight lighting and I am having some issues. Whenever I use daytime lighting (mental ray), I get this really ugly, saturated, slightly blueish tint to my entire image. Moreover, I can't seem to figure out how to change the sky color (which is probably super easy). I want the colors to look like the ones in the first image, with the amount of light and shadows that you can see in the second image. Thanks.

PS: It also seems that sometimes the house reflects off the sky (as in the case of the first sky which is a sphere), how do I turn this off?

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 04-04-2013 , 08:12 PM
Super Moderator
Adjust the "Red/Blue Shift" attribute on the sky node. Positive values shift towards red and negative towards blue.

- Genny