Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 10-06-2013 , 09:44 PM

My facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

Just created my own facebook site. Looking for people to discuss 3D with, support for my own work (which will be published there), your opinions on my work, help etc. etc.

Since this is my one and only forum i use around this 3d industry i'll share my new page with you. (i think im allowed to do that..... if im not then delete this)

Please leave a like user added image
thanks!

-skalman

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

^ My facebook page ^
# 2 19-06-2013 , 07:50 PM
Super Moderator
Ugh Facebook!user added image user added image At least it was your choice to start a fb page. Have you ever thought about starting a blog?

- Genny
# 3 19-06-2013 , 08:25 PM
EduSciVis-er
Blogs for the win. I know they're"90s" or whatever, but my blog has provided me with more than one excellent networking and potential employment opportunity. Can't say the same for FB, although my family and friends see my stuff more easily/often there.

# 4 19-06-2013 , 11:27 PM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
Yeah be careful on facebook.

As you know I did my own artpage and let the world see it as well as the good folk, jeesus I got flamed the other day from someone and I dunno why...so I closed the page

theres always one

J

# 5 19-06-2013 , 11:34 PM
EduSciVis-er
Can't you just kill the odd bad comment? I don't know how facebook handles that. That's a shame either way. Who does that?

# 6 20-06-2013 , 12:22 AM
Super Moderator
LOL Jay it was just a matter of time before you had a run in with Facebook's flavor of emotionally unstable ranters. Also, I see you're merging the sites there, good call, I'm having some trouble reading the text though, a bit on the thin side.

I with Stwert, I love my little blog and have no regrets.

- Genny
# 7 20-06-2013 , 06:21 AM
Lead Modeler - Framestore
I did ban the user from the page but it just put me off overall. Dont need that crap.

Gen, its just a filler template for now, yeah the letters are wayyyyyy to thin lol

Jay

# 8 20-06-2013 , 05:18 PM
Technical Director
Sorry, but why not just post your work here?

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 9 20-06-2013 , 06:14 PM
EduSciVis-er
Family, friends, and colleagues aren't members here; they can follow a lot easier on a blog or facebook. It's also easier to manage a feed elsewhere, threads can get buried pretty quickly. And there's more control/organization on a blog.

# 10 21-06-2013 , 02:39 PM
Technical Director
Sure, but if he wants help from other artists, it's a better shot to do it here.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.
# 11 21-06-2013 , 02:55 PM
EduSciVis-er
That's definitely true, this place gives the most exposure to other artists.

# 12 21-06-2013 , 06:57 PM
Super Moderator
Well yeah, and I'd recommend that he continues to post here. I also think having a blog is great too for the reasons Stwert mentioned and I think it helps with information retention if you write/talk about it, it's definitely helped me.

Stwert, question for youuuu.

Is there a particular reason you chose Vimeo over Youtube?

- Genny
# 13 21-06-2013 , 07:57 PM
EduSciVis-er
I've got stuff on both. I'm still kind of in a testing period. I don't get a lot of views on either by search/chance, so most of my views are generated from embeds, which works with either. For the time being, I've decided on using YT for tuts and misc stuff, and using vimeo for finished pieces, because it looks more professional and then I have a more polished set of videos. I just feel like those fit the respective communities better. I should upload my finished pieces to youtube too.

The downside to vimeo for finished work is embeds don't allow HD unless you're a pro member.

Random: I did record a very crappy tut on ncloth for a member on this site which currently has over 4000 views, pretty much everything else is under 200. Why does the crappiest thing get way more views... and I can't even delete it, because what if someone decides to watch something decent on my channel because he found the crappy ncloth demo.

# 14 21-06-2013 , 10:41 PM
Super Moderator
LOL now I have to see that video! It can't be worse than the A.D.D riddled stuff I've recorded haha. I have a few vids on Youtube though, some of them are private because they feature scenes people sent me asking for help.

I'm currently recording a vid for total and absolute Maya newbies, I don't know I just feel like I should have that be the "official" first (or maybe even the only tutorial - well one that isn't a reply to a question anyway).

- Genny
# 15 24-06-2013 , 11:57 AM
But I wouldn't feel comfortable to start a blog knowing that no one would be on it. I thought I'd just update my Facebook page with all my projects i finish / idea's etc etc. and hopefully get some people to discuss with, get help from etc with via my facebook page :p ..

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

^ My facebook page ^