Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-01-2014 , 08:27 PM

Avoid pinching caused by extrusions on subdivided surfaces.

How can i avoid having pinches on the shown vertices? İncreasing cyclinder segments solves it abit but still getting bad result. I moved the vertices on the corners up but that is distorting the overall roundness of the shape. How should i model this kind of piece? Is the topology right? or i can try something different for extrusions like this.

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 19-01-2014 , 01:03 PM
Ok so , leasson learned. After a couple of visits on older threads, i have seen that i wasnt the only one making people sigh with this common issue... user added image More polygons makes it smoother...

Attached Thumbnails
# 3 22-01-2014 , 08:05 AM
Looks nice. I think maya can't understand what your are trying to achieve unless you add a few more loops .. user added image

20 year old guy from Sweden

Big Bob Marley fan
Love skateboarding
Maya, Mudbox and Photoshop user

Full name: Marcus Ralman

https://www.facebook.com/MarcusRalman3D

^ My facebook page ^
# 4 24-01-2014 , 09:53 PM
Do you think it is about maya subd? I am getting into modo to see how subd works.