Introduction to Maya - Rendering in Arnold
This course will look at the fundamentals of rendering in Arnold. We'll go through the different light types available, cameras, shaders, Arnold's render settings and finally how to split an image into render passes (AOV's), before we then reassemble it i
# 1 20-06-2014 , 12:15 PM
Subscriber

another basic metal material question

hi all,

just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has helped me with my questions - specifically to Gen, bullet1968, michhah, NextDesign and Jay - I started a project during night classes at the start of the year and its due for critique on Monday, and should hopefully be 80% ready for then - so one last push this weekend to do as much as I can!

I'm a bit stuck on the blue metal here - I'm thinking maybe do some mi_car_paint_phen_x tutorials and try that? I'm struggling to identify the metal in order to google a bit - if anyone has any ideas i'd really appreciate them!!
thanks
nicky
(I'll post up a WIP of the whole project later tonight in the WIP section)

Attached Thumbnails
# 2 20-06-2014 , 04:36 PM
Lifetime Member
I may be wrong but that looks like anodized aluminum to me.

Earth: The crazy asylum of the universe.
# 3 20-06-2014 , 10:21 PM
Subscriber
thank you - that will definitely help me with reference searches etc!

# 4 21-06-2014 , 04:40 AM
Super Moderator
I'd probably still go with an mia_mat instead of the carpaint, even though it could work, I feel there's more control with the mia_mat. I think a higher diffuse weight is important here to prevent the surface from appearing too mirror like. I think with some nice scratch/wear textures, you can nail it down.

Attached Thumbnails

- Genny