Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 28-07-2014 , 08:03 AM

Please watch and criticize this animation (beginner)

Hello everyone, I am a beginner in maya and I did something that I need you professionals to criticize it so I'd know what to improve on.

I'd really appreciate your honest brutal comments.
Thank you.

Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=V1_1F-pGtjo

Here is the old one I did, you can watch and compare my progress if you have the time please : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VnOmX4sTYVs

Thanx in advance (I'm sorry if this is not the right room for this kind of things)

# 2 30-07-2014 , 01:16 AM
Super Moderator
There are issues with the weight and timing, he seems stiff and that's what's most obvious to me. As an example, the jump, there is some anticipation but not to a level that reflects "life threatening" as he puts it, he doesn't push into the jump for maximum momentum then he freezes and floats through the air and gently down into the landing, not losing momentum, not being dragged down by gravity, without impact. He's young and nimble and daring yet there is no spring and life in his movements, nor heavy breathing from the adrenaline rush or such secondary motions. Here is a video of long jumping. Though for landings you could check out parkour/freerunning videos.

2013 Moscow World Championships - Men - Long Jump - Qualifying - YouTube

The lack of squash and stretch, this adds to the stiff feel of the movement since he's a stylized character. I think you may also be hampered by the rig you're using, some of the deformations don't look quite natural, this compounds the difficulty of achieving convincing facial animation as well. You should try out The Andy Rig, it's flexible, stable and a lot of people use it.

- Genny
# 3 02-08-2014 , 07:33 AM
Thank you so much, I really appreciate your response, means the world to me. What I had intended was the jump to be in slow motion and then back to default as he lands but, obviously I didn't achieve that. I'm gonna make use of the links you gave me and work on producing a better demo.

Thank you once again

# 4 02-08-2014 , 10:43 AM
Lifetime Member
I look forward to seeing the end result!

# 5 02-08-2014 , 05:27 PM
Thank you... I'll try not to disappoint :-p

# 6 20-10-2014 , 07:43 AM

Mohsin

He's young and nimble and daring yet there is no spring and life in his movements, nor heavy breathing from the adrenaline rush or such secondary motions. Here is a video of long jumping. Though for landings you could check out parkour/freerunning videos.

Pass your HP2-Z32 latest dumps - pass4sure and EMC exams in first try by using our guaranteed Yale University and Alcorn State University.