Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 18-11-2014 , 06:19 PM

Animating camera effects

I'm trying to create a dolly zoom type of effect in Maya. I've messed around with changing the focal length/etc and keying it, but it doesn't seem to stick and changes the camera all along the timeline. Is there a way to create a dolly zoom (beyond just moving the camera closer/further away from the object of interest) with the default camera?

# 2 18-11-2014 , 06:37 PM
EduSciVis-er
That's strange, it's working for me. Create a new scene and see if you can key the focal length properly. Either way, I would recommend creating a new camera. Don't key the perspective camera.

# 3 20-11-2014 , 05:18 AM
Thanks for the tip! I made a new camera and played around with it some more and it worked; I didn't realise I needed to right-click on the Focal Length box and select Key Selected.