Maya 2020 fundamentals - modelling the real world
Get halfway through a model and find it's an unworkable mess? Can't add edge loops where you need them? Can't subdivide a mesh properly? If any of this sounds familiar check this course out.
# 1 28-02-2003 , 05:18 PM

rendering rain

Hello,

I have a scene with rain. The rain is made of particles that are streaks. Whenever i render a frame of my scene everthing else renders except the rain.

Is there a special way to render streak particles?

Thanks you
:banana: user added image

Thanks,
Ari
# 2 28-02-2003 , 05:44 PM
Most of the particle types are only visible in hardware renders. You need to render a separate rain layer and composite.

There are a few types of software rendered particle types, whose names in the list end with (s/w). These will render fine along with everything else, but it can be tricky to get nice streaky looks. If you MUST do a software render (say, because you have no compositing software at all) you might be able to get what you need with instanced geometry or by applying motion blur to software-rendered particles.

-- Mark

Mark R. Wilkins
author of MEL Scripting for Maya Animators
www.melscripting.com
# 3 30-03-2003 , 06:04 AM

ionfo

hey how do u do the compositing stuff

# 4 30-03-2003 , 06:25 AM
Check out my compositing tutorials on SMuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com