Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 16 04-05-2003 , 01:05 AM
thanks anita,
nope just used maya

- TwEeK
# 17 04-05-2003 , 03:09 PM
another quick update...............user added image

what do u think??

# 18 04-05-2003 , 11:51 PM
Subscriber
WOW last 2 images= much better. Those lines on the book are still there! How bout a close up of that book (the open blue one) so we can figure out the problem?

The wood textures on the desk seem very low res and very streched. Here is a link to some great wood textures. There are not made for tiling, i like this, because then i have to do it myself. And i don't feel like all the work has been done for me. If you don't know how to make a texture tileable, ask me and i'll gladly explain.

www.zoorender.com (Click textures>and then wood)

I think giving the books very slight bump maps (all different of course) would add some realism too.

HAHAHa just noticed that coffee ring on the desk! Lemme see a closeup of that too, i'd really like to help ya get that PERFECT, cause it would add alot to the scene (you can render these at like 320pixels if they're real close). Also i'd like to know you're method, unless you just painted it onto the texture.

One thing that applies to everything in you're scene is it is all perfectly clean. Add some dirt, sratches, and things like finger prints. IMPREFECTION IS REALISM!!!!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 05-05-2003 at 12:00 AM.
# 19 05-05-2003 , 01:36 AM
thanks for the commets....
here's a close up of the book and the coffee ring...to make the ring i just used a torus and chaged it around, i know its not good yet but im going to change it around...as for the lines on the books i have no idea where they are from!!user added image
im going to change the texture of the desk soon..and i will add some bump maps to teh books ( its been bugging me too)
as do all the imperfection...it will all be addeduser added image

# 20 05-05-2003 , 01:39 AM
Simply Maya OG
Im prolly wrong but.....looks to me that those lines are comming from a bump map. But who knows...(not me, heh) user added image

- Hybrid
# 21 05-05-2003 , 01:48 AM
nope... |-:

- TwEeK
# 22 05-05-2003 , 02:05 AM
ok..i found that the emit diffuse in the area light attribute additor causes the lines...but without it the picture becomes dark

any ideas for how to fix this?

# 23 05-05-2003 , 02:19 PM
try changing the shadow resolution and the dmap filter size (If you raise the filter size then you can probably reduce the shadow resolution) try that

Scene looks a million times better than before! Loads of personal touches I like it!! user added image

EDIT: Actually do you have a directional light casting light and shadows into the room? Cause I have had weird stuff happening wth my lighting from using a directional light

Alan

Technical Director - Framestore

Currently working on: Your Highness

IMDB
# 24 05-05-2003 , 02:44 PM
I like your desk. pretty cool. but i would round off the edge slightly so its not to... edgy... and all the stuff thy said bla bla bla.. show an update soonuser added image

# 25 05-05-2003 , 07:51 PM
thanks...
actually i have one are light where the window is and another ambient light in the centre of the room

- TwEeK
# 26 05-05-2003 , 08:16 PM
OMG it worked!!!
thanks u so much everyone!!
Alan u got it right on target!!!
how does it look now????

# 27 05-05-2003 , 08:27 PM
and here's a different view....

# 28 06-05-2003 , 12:43 AM
Which desk do u like better? the one i used above or this one(it has smoother edges)

# 29 10-05-2003 , 12:36 AM
baerly had any time to work on this.. but heres a small update....
any suggestions?

# 30 10-05-2003 , 12:53 AM
Looks really good. I like the coffee stain on the desk. You may want to increase the testilation on the base of the globe to make it rounder.

One question, did you get the texture for the globe off NASA's BLue Marble satilite image webpage I mentioned a couple of months ago?

mahalo,

Myk

<a href="https://www.metic.net" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.metic.net</a><br />