Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 136 12-06-2003 , 04:57 PM
ROCK ON DUDE!!!! This looks so fricken cool m8!!!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 137 12-06-2003 , 06:00 PM
Subscriber
wow what great refs, ispirational. I agree that both body style remind me of an SUV. But i think the second design is more original, for the first looks(to me)to similar to a Jeep of some sort. Can't put my finger on it, but it looks familiar.

Second i agree with you about the larger treads and more beefed up accesories looking meaner. So run with that. And i don't know what M is saying (for once) becuase all the supports and structure he was talking about, i think you haven't started yet. Don't worry bout those thing till you figure out the design! I would find as many pics about those snow vehicles get some more inpiration bro and this will most definately turn out excellent.

Oh and i like you're final bg, as long as you're willing to add the track marks!

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2

Last edited by Vectorman; 12-06-2003 at 06:07 PM.
# 138 12-06-2003 , 07:22 PM
Oh, track marks in the final render... That might be tough user added image Um... Here is an update, with the lower roof, and lower grill in the front...I also scaled down the treds a bit, so the would fit better in the wheel wells like M suggested. THanks for your opinion guys user added image ! This stupid thing took like 20 min on MR. Grr... THat is with a really low quality render to.... Anyways, i think I am going to finnaly start converting back to Subdivision Surfaces to see what it is going to look like, I am getting curious... Talk to you later,
Brian
BTW I am going to make the front plow smaller so it looks alittle better...
B

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 139 12-06-2003 , 07:27 PM
AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIIING...
what a great render.
what settings did ya use (mental ray)?

# 140 12-06-2003 , 09:17 PM
MOD! MOD! Make Brian a Subd MOD! hehe...

HELLA COOL man!!!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 141 12-06-2003 , 10:23 PM
Subscriber
Nice stuff, perhaps raise the profile of the roof hatch where the weapon is so it can be seen from the ground? Is the weapon omni direction as it might be helpful to have it on a swivel so you don't have to turn the thing round to kill people chasing you.

The tread kit for the Hummer tends to stick out more because of the way the steering relates to the treads on the axle adaptor (the drive key wheel is where the centre of the regular wheel would be, if that makes sense, which is why they look like the stick out a long way on the real thing. The smaller wheels offer greater control for a smaller amount of power in rl but yours look better.

Nice design, very mean looking!

Last edited by Witchy; 12-06-2003 at 10:25 PM.
# 142 12-06-2003 , 11:52 PM
Subscriber
whoah.

# 143 13-06-2003 , 01:52 PM
Hey guys... I decided to try and start converting stuff to Sub d's and adding detail. I added a few bolts, and here is an update. Thanks alot...
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!
# 144 13-06-2003 , 02:25 PM
Smooooooth!!! Great job dude!!

Israel "Izzy" Long
izzylong.com
# 145 13-06-2003 , 10:42 PM
Subscriber
friggin nice.... very inspirational.

# 146 14-06-2003 , 01:24 AM
If what you already have wasn't enough....your starting again!

Someone make this guy Mod of Modelling user added image

Yeah, but no but yeah but no....
# 147 14-06-2003 , 09:51 PM
Subscriber
i beleive hes converting the old poly mesh to SubDs actually, maybe you shoulda read what he WROTE inteada just looking at the purty pictures? Sorry not to sound offensive but there is more than just the pictures.... = )

"When you are born, you have a resposiblilty to program you're own mind, if you do not accept this responsiblilty, then the world will do it for you"
Aol Instant messenger: mrcoolbp2
# 148 14-06-2003 , 09:56 PM
damn......my eyes....that's.......AMAZIIIIIIIIIIIIING

you are the best modeler from SM

# 149 15-06-2003 , 10:59 AM
what shading network are you using on the car brian?

FX supervisor - double negative
# 150 16-06-2003 , 03:43 PM
What kind of shading network am I using? right now I am just using standard blinns and stuff just for test renders, nothing fancy. Ummm For MR I am using a spotlight with area light turned on, it emmits photons (8000) and it emits 20000 rays. I have my GI and FG rays at 250 and my GI accuracy is 100. Not sure what my min and max is off hand, but I know its way off. These settings make for a semi quick render time...

So... Here is an update, I added a bunch more bolts...Started to work on the wheels again... and I added a missle launcher in the door ( I will Post a close up of the missles. Let me know what you think! My Gun on top needs alot of work.. That is next. Thanks,
Brian

Attached Thumbnails

Please check
My (old) website!