Digital humans the art of the digital double
Ever wanted to know how digital doubles are created in the movie industry? This course will give you an insight into how it's done.
# 46 25-06-2003 , 12:31 AM
Hopefully my computer will run it user added image 64 meg video card

MSN: cyborg_corporation@hotmail.com
AIM: RavagingOrc
# 47 25-06-2003 , 12:38 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by ragecgi

I agree with Kev, that there may come a day when he may have to put a ban [/B]

Just trying to figure out why Kev would like to silence Mac topics?
Besides personal conflicts I think it's great to get some valuable infos for a change.

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.
# 48 25-06-2003 , 01:13 AM
BAN! BAN! BAN! :p

# 49 25-06-2003 , 01:25 AM
These topics always turn into circular arguments...that's why they should be silenced.

# 50 25-06-2003 , 01:52 AM
Subscriber
hmmm... seems more like a "running out of arguments" topic:p

EDIT: but hal made a point - it really seems sometimes to get boring;
at least I got the chance to know some Mac Usersuser added image

When the only tool you use is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail.

Last edited by Axel; 25-06-2003 at 02:07 AM.
# 51 25-06-2003 , 02:16 AM
I don't have a problem with these, myself. If people want to discuss things, that's great IMO. Only thing I don't like is when people come in with two sentences, an insult, no links or any other varification to back up their statement, and expect their statements to stand up on it's own virtue. I always find that frustrating.

Over the years I've found it almost impossible to change anyone's mind if they don't want to change it. So I stopped trying to do that long ago. Now I'm content with my own knowledge, and if it influences someone else, then so beit. But one thing is clear to me though, unless you are willing to accept new information, you will not acquire knowledge. And if you don't want to aquire knowledge, don't be upset when someone calls you stupid.

David, for example, said he has a system that has a 8 GB RAM limit. His system has 800 mhz fsb. That's all good to know. But he didn't really state how much it cost him for his machine, nor did he say what types of other specifications his computer has. Digital Audio I/O? PCI-X, or AGP 8X? 16 GBps throughput? I'm not trying to call you out David, it was just a point I was trying to make. We all will be aggressive in what we believe, and feel is the right decision. I just like to have/see more than just blanket statements. Especially when all of us can say anything we want behind the protection of our monitors and keyboards, without the fear of receiving any sort of significant backlash. user added image

I for one am not really heralding the new G5 as the end all for all computers. I'm more excited with the fact that Apple has finally decided to move it's hardware forward. Especially working with IBM, which IMO was a great decision. One thing PC users have had access too was processor roadmaps, and I'm sure most of you know Intel's projected use for their next processors. Now us Mac users have that priveladge too. Sweet. user added image

# 52 25-06-2003 , 02:17 AM
Personally I just don't like how you see all these Mac 'zealots' who go "go mac, go mac! woooooo! finally a computer for the 50 year old house wife! yay!" and get all these mac tatoos and avatars but you don't see anything of that sort with PC users. God, why do Mac users have to beat it on everyone else they have macs. they have macs, we have PCs, who cares? stop posting topics on it.

EDIT: This is just my opinionuser added image

Last edited by Cyborg Corp; 25-06-2003 at 02:38 AM.
# 53 25-06-2003 , 02:47 AM
Good point. It is rather strange.

I think, and this is my opinion, the main reason I myself like talking about Macs, is because I really like them. I don't know why really. Maybe it's just OS X. I dunno. I own two Macs, a DP 1 Ghz unit, and a G3 300 mhz Tower I upgraded to a G4 550mhz. I also own a Compaq with a Duron 733 mhz(I believe) with Windows XP Home Edition. And working on Macs is just better for me. Less intrusive. Easier, or whatever you would describe it.

And one other point to note, if you don't want to read/hear about Macs, and the topic is obviously going to be Mac related, just avoid it. I'm sure some of us Mac users wouldn't mind having a conversation other than Mac vs. PC. It's almost like Mac users aren't even welcome here, or anywhere for that matter. Almost every Mac thread I've seen here, and elsewhere, somehow always seems to gear towards a PC vs Mac debate. And I'm pretty sure everyone, PC and Mac users, are to blame for that. Like Axel said earlier, it's not all that uncommon to want to find out more information on something that you're interested in. We have Macs. We like Macs. If you're not interested in Macs, well, don't worry about the Mac threads. No one forced you, or me to post in these threads, so we must deal with it. I will continue posting on Mac threads. What you do is entirely up to you. user added image

# 54 25-06-2003 , 02:50 AM
I say someone makes a windows/os x hyprid! :bgreen:

# 55 25-06-2003 , 02:50 AM
The Maya Mountain
well spoken, wchamlet.

I'm a bit tired of this endless debate, myself.

Macs and PCs are both tools. If you don't like one, use the other. It's that simple.

Flaming folks based on what kind of computer they use is about as stupid as criticizing someone over what brand of shoes they're wearing... all shoes, kinda like all computers, will do the same job well... just depends on who's using it.

Make sure you're wearing your size. user added image

13 1/2 Wide here! user added image

# 56 25-06-2003 , 02:53 AM
You know, the same thing they say about people with big shoes, goes for the people with super powerful computers user added image user added image haha...9's here

# 57 25-06-2003 , 02:58 AM
10 1/2 wide... LOL

# 58 25-06-2003 , 02:59 AM
grrrr! user added image well, you people are all older than me and i'm still growing so i'll catch up :thumbsup:

# 59 25-06-2003 , 03:20 AM

Originally posted by HAL 9000
Personally I just don't like how you see all these Mac 'zealots' who go "go mac, go mac! woooooo! finally a computer for the 50 year old house wife! yay!" and get all these mac tatoos and avatars but you don't see anything of that sort with PC users. God, why do Mac users have to beat it on everyone else they have macs. they have macs, we have PCs, who cares? stop posting topics on it.

EDIT: This is just my opinionuser added image

Im not trying to be a jerk or anything... but...

In both the recent mac topics (none of them arguing that macs are better than pc's) You are one of the first to explain how pc's are much better than macs, and macs are just bad computors and behind in technology. And then whenever somebody posts something about the mac thats good, you imediatly jump on there back and tell them how they are wrong. Then nerve to explain how there are so many die hard mac fans and the pc users just could care less. user added image user added image

I think everybody should re-read the first couple of threads in this topic, cause this is getting waaaaaay of track

just a note, you posted 15 times in this topic. thats a little more than 1/4ths of the total posts in this thread... just give it a rest :p

This thread wasnt ment to be about who makes better computors.

ps. one of my previous teachers had a tatto of the apple macintosh thingy :saywhat:

# 60 25-06-2003 , 03:21 AM
Now, on as the Apple turns:

https://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl...id=126&tid=181

Greg Joswiak, VP of Hardware at Apple seemingly clears up some misconception about Apple/Veritest's benchmarks. It seems they chose Linux because it renders faster than Windows. and...

This is interesting too:

"Joswiak added that in the Intel modifications for the tests, they chose the option that provided higher scores for the Intel machine, not lower. The scores were higher under Linux than under Windows, and in the rate test, the scores were higher with hyperthreading disabled than enabled. He also said they would be happy to do the tests on Windows and with hyperthreading enabled, if people wanted it, as it would only make the G5 look better. "

Is this true? I've not looked at too many Spec sheets to know about hyperthreading, but I'd be interested to know what's up with that statement.

: Next week Crazy Cooter steals the Winabego from his moms aunt's twin sister named Bob. Stay tuned for more exciting adventure on As the Apple Turns :