Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 46 15-07-2003 , 04:32 PM
Mine just came with one svid out and 2 vga standard outs.

It's Dr. Know, Not Darknow
# 47 15-07-2003 , 05:44 PM
Subscriber
Renderizer-Thanks

grrrr
# 48 16-07-2003 , 05:29 PM
Wow!!!! Ive been using this dual monitor thing, and I must say......It would be pretty hard going back to a single monitor. I have a question though. Can I have 2 desktops.....One on each screen. I have two desktops, but I can only use one at a time. It just extends the desktop to the 2nd monitor. Any help with this would be great.

# 49 16-07-2003 , 06:55 PM
Subscriber
You cannot use more than one mouse at the same time on the same PC.
If you mean can you set up 2 desktop so that each monitor has it's own resolution and refresh rate then the answer is yes.

If you meant something else then.......

grrrr
# 50 16-07-2003 , 08:09 PM
I know there is a way to set up two separate desktops, each with its own windows and such. Ill figure it out.

# 51 17-07-2003 , 11:46 AM
Subscriber
You can use the clone function ie. if you have have photoshop open on the 1st monitor with image of your dog peeing on your PC then with clone you can have the same window/image/photoshop on the second monitor as well.

You can work on the close up of your dogs private parts on the 1st monitor while having the view of the complete dog on the second monitor ;-)

grrrr

Last edited by slickrenderer; 17-07-2003 at 11:51 AM.
# 52 17-07-2003 , 09:38 PM

if you had an extra 10K for this, then wow you lucky dog!!!

u dont need 10K dude go here https://www.firestormpc.com and see it for urself ull be amazed LOL

Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the person who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express their opinions courageously and honestly.
*Albert Einstein*

One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.
Sir Winston Churchill

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation.
George Washington
# 53 18-07-2003 , 08:41 AM
Okay guys, going to upgrade my PC now... See you, hopefully, next week! user added image

Add me please
(I want to improve both english AND 3d skills)
MSN: Bryce5@gmx.net
# 54 18-07-2003 , 09:51 AM
Subscriber
Drknow - to my knowledge you can't have two discreet desktops at the same time. Not on one PC.

You can use standard MS DualView (which allows you to choose different resolutions and refresh rates for each display), or one of three nView modes: vertical spanning, horizontal spanning and clone (good thing if you want to do presentations).

That's about all there is to it.

I'd like to use DualView if I could, but this option doesn't allow for OpenGL on display #2 - blame Microsoft for that (it's ok - they're used to being blamed).

I mean - the only objection I have is that some apps seem to override certain nView settings (like having windows NOT to span displays), while some other apps NEED to have windows spanning enabled (I just had a hard time with the demo version of Pinnacle Edition 5...don't get me started!).

All that said, working in a dual display environment is still so much better than pushing and pulling all your windows and palettes around on a single monitor.

What can I say - I just love it...

Hugh!

Renderizer

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!
# 55 18-07-2003 , 10:13 AM
Subscriber

Originally posted by kornkidpr
u dont need 10K dude go here https://www.firestormpc.com and see it for urself ull be amazed LOL

wow, apart from the monitors... that website was done REALLY nice in flash... in fact once of the best ones I've seen! user added image

-Emo

# 56 18-07-2003 , 03:13 PM
Hehehe...........Amen to that.

# 57 19-07-2003 , 09:24 AM
Found a beautiuful site with wallpapers for dual screens, bur they are not for free... user added image Here!
Here are good oneĀ“s, too.

Add me please
# 58 19-07-2003 , 11:54 AM
Subscriber
If you see which company made that Flash website then you will know why it so cool.
F1 are really good.

grrrr
# 59 19-07-2003 , 01:25 PM
Subscriber
Here's my selfmade wallpaper for dual screen.

Simple, yet effective. user added image

Attached Thumbnails

Subdivide and conquer!

Free your mind, and your ass will follow!
# 60 19-07-2003 , 02:06 PM
I tried to made screens in UT2003, all options to the limit...
Man, I forgot the thing with the FOV etc. ... user added image

Add me please