Introduction to Maya - Modeling Fundamentals Vol 2
This course will look in the fundamentals of modeling in Maya with an emphasis on creating good topology. It's aimed at people that have some modeling experience in Maya but are having trouble with complex objects.
# 1 04-08-2003 , 02:25 AM

ARGH!! lol

omg Im going nuts here lol

Ive got my scene all completed....... a lil boat sailing over a wavey ocean with mountains on horizon.......its from Maya Fundamentals 4.5....... and I started rendering it...... while it was rendering I decided to look at the Tiffs already written and saved....
The view I should be getting, looking out of the camera over bow of boat is not what is rendring...... its rendering a view looking down over boat from a good distance and I have no idea why. I selected the camera on the boat in render globals but it doesnt seem to be using that. Also... when I select that camera and make my view to look through selected... its aimed wrong...... except I cant rotate it or anything,..... I select the rings when using the rotate tool and nothing rotates... I tried to enter numbers in the Channel box but it says the rotate fields are locked...... I looked and right clicked on rotate X and chose unlock and it still doesnt rotate...... Im so lost and aggravated.. user added image
what am I doing wrong?

Im going to attach my scene file even tho I dont know if its needed to answer my question.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. user added image

Attached Files
File Type: mb ch4oceanscene.jp007.0001.mb (253.4 KB, 228 views)
# 2 04-08-2003 , 02:28 AM
The Maya Mountain
I can't view the file at the moment, but are any cameras labeled "renderable"?

# 3 04-08-2003 , 02:33 AM
umm Im not sure, should they be and how would I find out? hehe

# 4 04-08-2003 , 02:36 AM
I think I figured how to rotate camera... it was attached to a "locator" (I think thats what it was called") so I was able to rotate that and it rotated the cam. Im not really sure how the cam stopped pointing where I had it aimed to begin with. I guess I moved something and didnt realize it would change cam angle.
Im looking to see its renderable now still

# 5 04-08-2003 , 02:37 AM
oh in my render globals..... it shows "BoatCamera" and next to it in parenthesis it says "renderable". Is this what ya meant Mike?

# 6 04-08-2003 , 02:41 AM

heres the view

this is what the rendering is doing. The view should be over bow of boat.

Attached Images
# 7 04-08-2003 , 03:12 AM
The Maya Mountain
Yeah, you'll want to get rid of the renderable camera and/or change it's attributes to no longer be set to renderable.

# 8 04-08-2003 , 03:25 AM
Thank you Mike. user added image I will go figure out how to do that user added image