Complex UV Layout in Maya
Over the last couple of years UV layout in Maya has changed for the better. In this course we're going to be taking a look at some of those changes as we UV map an entire character
# 16 31-10-2003 , 03:56 PM
SM Tea Boy

Originally posted by adldesigner
Hopefully they won´t destroy both franchises.
Guy who made Resident Evil wrote it and is directing it.

Bollox, I wont hope for anything, other than complete garbage then user added image

David.

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 17 31-10-2003 , 04:08 PM
Kev: if we bet i must be on preds side too...

David: After what adl said i feel the range of smileys should be drastically amplied... i need one so furious that has foam coming from its mouth...user added image

# 18 31-10-2003 , 04:23 PM
SM Tea Boy
user added image user added image user added image user added image

From a readers' Q and A column in TV GUIDE: "If we get involved in a nuclear war, would the electromagnetic pulses from exploding bombs damage my videotapes?"
# 19 31-10-2003 , 04:28 PM
well then i need the expandable list of smilies to display em to me. they dont show up when i open it... just a very limited range and i dont kow if it will work if i put a random word between ::´s. I miss a lot the :demon: one(maybe is :6: or :horned:? )

you dont have one with foam coming from its mouth tough user added image

Last edited by dragonfx; 31-10-2003 at 04:36 PM.
# 20 31-10-2003 , 07:28 PM
Subscriber
My money is on Preditor, they have hunted aliens before. Check Preditor II and you'll see alien skulls hanging up as trophies.

As for Resident Evil you new it was going to be crap and have a low budget feel to it before it even came out.

Last edited by ckyuk; 31-10-2003 at 07:32 PM.
# 21 31-10-2003 , 09:56 PM
Kev!

Double BOOBIES! hehe...

Yeah guys, my cash is on the Alien(s) user added image

Looks like the movie will start with your average
"Big, cool, messy fight scene with cool weapons etc."
...only way in the past.
He said it'll be a gruesome battle between 5 "teenageer" preds, against a THOUSAND Aliens.
(no fair)
Last to survive, wins braggin rights I guess.

Then the movie starts present-day with "discruntled-outcast" scientists in Antartica somewhere.

Not sure weather they "find" the lost temple of AVP battle,
or they are responsible for it, or in some way responsible for bringing the fight back to earth for a showdown/outbreak.

No matter what, I'll be goin to see this one more than onceuser added image

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 22 31-10-2003 , 10:11 PM
Isn't the skull in PII next to a T-rex skull and human? I remember that. I wish they would get someone that breathed life into the sagas to do it like Cameron or Scott. I am sick of being let down. I did not think resident Evil was that good. I was pissed because I was hoping it would be like a game when the deaper she went into the lab the biger and scarier the beasts got so did the weapons. I wanted to see some rail guns and some early energy weapons. That was a top secret lab was it not?

Anyway I am a big fan of the Sagas. I thought PI was a thousand times better than PII. Alien and Aliens were the only really good ones. Reserections was not that bad. I do not count 3 as an Aliens movie. It is the fogotten step child in my mind.

All said I am very excited for it anyway. I hope they got it out of there system that because you can do a full body in CG that you have to show off slow motion shots. It is much scarier when you just get glimpses now and then. You only see the thing just before it get someone and then it is off in a flash with the body. Your mind puttts it together in a way more scary way.

# 23 31-10-2003 , 10:50 PM
My cash is on the Aliens.
Love the little bastards.

# 24 31-10-2003 , 11:02 PM
Well the battle could be tricky for the preditors. Their primary view is infrared. But in Aliens they did not show up in infrared. Might have been because the hive was the same temperature.

# 25 01-11-2003 , 02:02 AM
"yeah thats true i noticed i see better without the helmet..."user added image

but dont worry after the shitty "only infrared" on PI and the "switch manually into all the wave spectrum until you manage to see something" of PII, we have kicked our scientists butts here in the homeworld until they managed to make something useful at last... they called it MaskFX5600 and promise cinematic quality but we noticed it was false and dont surprise when it enters on infite loops and hang every now and then until the drivers are fixed...

Last edited by dragonfx; 01-11-2003 at 02:07 AM.
# 26 01-11-2003 , 03:15 AM
My cash is on the Aliens! I love those ****ers. They kick ass!!

Armitrex Studios
Now open!!
# 27 01-11-2003 , 03:46 AM
Vampus
"Hoping to lure a Predator clan to Antarctica using Alien eggs, a rogue team of scientists are caught in an intergalactic war between the two extremely violent species. " - imdb

Well, I'm not betting, but let me put a little twist on it. Weaver wants to make one last movie to give her/her character some closure, ie kill her. I think Scott was considering it. Weaver has not been named as an AvP cast member, which suggests Aliens4.

# 28 01-11-2003 , 03:55 AM
Subscriber
Have you all seen that Batman movie kicking around the web. where he fights preditor and alien? It was made by a fan and looked pretty good. I may have seen it on atom films?

I cant wait to see this though!

# 29 01-11-2003 , 04:00 AM

Originally posted by Vampus
Well, I'm not betting, but let me put a little twist on it. Weaver wants to make one last movie to give her/her character some closure, ie kill her. I think Scott was considering it. Weaver has not been named as an AvP cast member, which suggests Aliens4.

Alien 5 is on talks now. (or so I read somewhere)

Would love it if Riddley Scott took the end of Alien in his hands. His style has matured a whole frigging lot. Loved Gladiator and Black Hawk Down.

# 30 01-11-2003 , 04:58 AM