Integrating 3D models with photography
Interested in integrating your 3D work with the real world? This might help
# 31 01-11-2003 , 05:03 AM
F*ck it. I´m scared now.

I don´t want AVP .. I want Alien 5.
Or Alien´s Director Cut for that matter.

This Resident Evil guy´s gonna kill both franchises. user added image

# 32 01-11-2003 , 09:43 AM
I ve been looking at the filmography of that Fincher guy (aliens 3) he seems to act on a recursive pattern, making one crappy movie, then a crappy video and then a movie worth looking at, then starts again...so theres hope for aliens 5 even if its directed by himuser added image... he just made the panic room... one crappy video more and then there he goes...

No hope for AvP, that Anderson guy only decent thing was Event horizon, and even thats questionable...

Last edited by dragonfx; 01-11-2003 at 09:59 AM.
# 33 01-11-2003 , 10:02 AM
Vampus
Woops, I meant to say Aliens 5

# 34 01-11-2003 , 11:17 PM
adldesigner: ALIEN the directors cut was just released yesterday, in theaters now. user added image

Although I'm all for the ALIENs, if they follow true to the story that they're using, the Preds and the humans will team to fight the ALIENs. It seems that they're basing the story on the Dark Horse issue of ALIENS vs PREDATOR released in 1991. Although some elements seem to have changed, the storyline, according to that documini on the website, is still basically the same. Which, if they follow it, will give way to AvP 2 and maybe 3. user added image

Whatever happens. I hope they don't butcher it. This guy better do a damn good job of it. This film is way too big to trash. His reputation depends on it.

user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu
# 35 02-11-2003 , 09:57 AM
I just saw Alien Directors Cut yesterday. Nice big screen digitally projected at sony Metreon theatres, nice =) I was sad on the fact that since I know the movie well, it didn't scare me..which I guess I hoped it would. But WOW did it look and sound great!!!! The additional scenes added in blended nicely and didn't distract away. I did notice some people jump and get scared when the alien pops out. So I couldn't help but think that this movie still has a good amout of thrill power in it.

Before it played that crappy non-trailer from AVP played, I saw it before on Apple's site, they could of at the very least filmed SOMETHING to actually tease the audience and fans with. I'll probably go see it in the theatres, but at this time I really don't feel I have a lot to look forward to in it.

I'm with ADL, I wish they would drop AVP and pay out the big money to get Cameron or Scott on board to make Alien 5.

AL San Miguel
<a href="https://www.smgd.com" rel="noopener noreferrer nofollow" class="giveMeEllipsisa" target="_blank">www.SMGD.com
# 36 02-11-2003 , 10:37 AM
Cyber Al: its not a problem of money... those movies at the very worse will recover all that was invested...

Dave:
1) Its curious, a friend of mines who came to visit from amsterdam last week also was stranged we had the remastered Alien one week before the rest of the world...
2) Reputation? If that Anderson guy has any im sure its bad... so AvP is doomed... :rage: user added image

# 37 03-11-2003 , 01:53 AM
Saw it yesterday too.

Just like I remembered, but the hardest thing for me to keep in mind ws that, what scared audiences 25 years ago, makes us laugh today, so form that aspect, LOTS of audience reaction was predictable.

STILL a killer movie no matter whatuser added image

About my feelings on the AVP vs. Alien 5 issue, I'll see them both, it won't stop me from being a fan of our, black, armoured, acid-blooded character from space.

Either way, I get my 2 hot-dogs and nachos! whoohoo!

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 38 03-11-2003 , 02:45 AM
Subscriber
I wouldn't get rid of AvP for Aliens 5. I been waiting for AvP for about 10 years know. If they weren't going to make AvP I would rather see Predator 3 than aliens 5.

# 39 03-11-2003 , 03:05 AM
Riddley Scott and Big Jim behind A5?
Anytime over any movie.

# 40 01-12-2003 , 06:20 AM
Hummmm,... well I know I am only a girl..LMAO
BUT,.... Predator ROCKS.... Alien is Cool too... but the are only interested in reproduction where Predator is all about the competition... they are hunters.... collecting trophys... so I am with Kevin ....my green backs are on the predator.

"Si vis pacem para bellum" if you desire peace, prepare for war.
# 41 01-12-2003 , 04:12 PM
Now that I think about it, that IS a good point from a character perspective.

Israel "Izzy" Long
Motion and Title Design for Broadcast-Film-DS
izzylong.com
# 42 01-12-2003 , 04:33 PM
Kevin
any ways rage, who actually won?

# 43 01-12-2003 , 06:46 PM
Subscriber
I ran Paul Anderson (Director) through IMDB and he's definitely sticking to his genre....

Mortal Kombat,
Event Horizon,
Resident Evil.

IMO None of these are particularly good films, so dont expect too much from AVP.

# 44 03-12-2003 , 12:39 AM
How could you say Event Horizon was not good? Well we all have our opinions. I did not care much for MK or RE. I would rather he took his time on the art side and have the story nailed down before filming. I think that it is usually overlooked. I am excited and weary at the same time. Johnathan Mostow did a good job on T3 following in Camerons foot steps so hopefully he can to.

# 45 03-12-2003 , 07:10 AM
Well, the scary thing is the release date which is only next year, and they're just in pre-production now? If they're only taking a year to do the general filming and VFX, then I'm worried that it will be a big let down. user added image

Dave Baer
Professor of Digital Arts
Digital Media Arts College
Boca Raton, Florida
dbaer@dmac.edu